chapter 33

...

***

Hinata's Pov

I sat patiently on the chair in front of my father's desk. The back of his chair facing me. I was pretty much used to the atmosphere. This was how he always talked to me. I faced the back of a chair while he faced the window. He never faces me at all.

"Father?" I asked. As soon as I did, I heard him stand up and walk to the side of his chair. He faced me. For a long time, he hasn't. This was the only time he did. 

I almost forgot how his stares were as if he wanted me to fall to the ground. How his stares made me feel like I was a disappointment. I remembered why I always keeping my head down. 

"I know your relationship with Naruto." He stated, loud and clear. I heart dropped, I gulped. I didn't speak.

"I cannot have my daughter dating my rival's son." My eyes widened, "what?" I asked, for all the reasons that he had used. He used the company.

I stood up, he stared as I did so. "Why?"

"Hinata." His loud voice pushed me back, I stepped forward. He saw what I did and rose his brow. 

"This is about Naruto and I, not about the company." I rose my voice. His expression seemed shocked and mad. 

"I refuse to have you seeing that boy!" He yelled. For the first time, I could actually feel anger surrounding me. I could tell he sees it too. 

"Tell me dad, tell me why" Calling him Dad was disrespectful for him, so he always had me call him father with respect. Right now, all respect for him was lost. 

"Your studies will be affected." He couldn't answer my question. He evaded my stare. 

"Do you even know who I am?" I asked, getting all the self confidence that I actually have. "I am a Hyuuga. I can manage everything. You told me that, right? Now tell me the truth." 

"This is all for the good of the company. I refuse to see you with an Uzumaki. A Namikaze!" He yelled at me. I felt completely degraded. 

"You mean to tell me that you would do anything just for the company?" I ask, he nods. 

I took a deep breath, "Do you not care about your daughter!? All you ever think about is that damn company! You didn't even think twice about my own freedom! I have a life, Father!" I yelled, which took him aback. I never yelled at him.

"Your words-" I cut him off from pointing out the word damn that I used. "You're never gonna be better than Minato-san!" 

He got mad with the mention of Minato. "You do not say that name in this house Hinata Hyuuga!" I didn't care.

"MINATO NAMIKAZE!" I yelled, he looked extremely offended. 

"How did Mom ever love you? You don't have a heart at all!" I left the room, slamming the door behind me. 

I got to the living room with everyone there. They looked at me with sad eyes as tears started to stream down my face. 

Mom opened her arms as I ran into her and hugged her. "We heard everything." 

***

mew