Chapter 41

Although Qi Feng’s suggestion was extremely alluring, Ling Ke did not forget that he was currently a “straight male”, and to a straight male, this kind of thing could only be a joke.

He didn’t dare take it seriously, thus putting on an amused expression, replied, “Don’t tell me, this would be your first kiss?”

Qi Feng blinked, then nodded: “It would.”

Ling Ke: “Then wouldn’t it be inappropriate to give your first kiss to a fake lover?”

Instead of answering, Qi Feng asked in return, “Would this not be your first kiss?”

Ling Ke, digging his own grave: “Of course it is.”

Qi Feng smiled: “Then there’s no problem. Since it’s both of our first kisses, it’s not like I’m losing out.”

Ling Ke: “………… ”

Fuck, what kind of logic was that? What he asked was whether or not it was appropriate, which had nothing to do with losing out or not?

Ling Ke wasn’t dumb and knew that Qi Feng was talking in circles, but in this “joking” atmosphere, perhaps the person who took it seriously first would lose.

Currently, not only was his mental strength put to the test, but his adaptive and acting abilities as well. If he made a mistake now, perhaps all that he worked to establish would collapse.

To play it safe, Ling Ke forced away all his feelings as a gay guy and switched to a straight guy’s mentality as he rejected with a smile, “Give me a break. Even if you don’t think you’re losing out, I’d think I was losing out.”

Hearing this, Qi Feng froze and a hurt expression flashed by.

In that split second, Ling Ke was also struck dumb. But that “hurt” expression disappeared so fast he wondered if he hadn’t imagined it. After all, these kind of words wouldn’t hurt a straight guy’s feelings.

Was it possible that his “even if you don’t think you’re losing out, I’d think I was losing out” wounded Qi Feng’s ego? If that’s the case, then Qi Feng really was too narcissistic……

But as expected, Qi Feng quickly recovered his smile and said in a low voice, “You make a good point…… Then let’s forget about it.”

Saying so, he lied down on his back and remained silent.

The suggestive aura that previously permeated the room seemed to freeze, leaving Ling Ke at a loss on what to do.

He didn’t think he said anything wrong. Even though as a gay guy, that was an opportunity he should have grasped, but as a straight guy, what he did was very “normal”, right? He only said what he should have said.

……However, why did his heart feel so miserable?

The lights in the room were still on. Ling Ke glanced at Qi Feng and saw that the other had already closed his eyes, and his expression looked quite natural.

It’s just, Ling Ke still felt bad and thought that the Qi Feng who was mercilessly rejected by him looked…just a tiny bit pitiful.