E I G H T E E N

Isla's POV

I am now sat in the passenger seat of Jaden's car. Let's just say my argument at breakfast was a loss. So I chose Jaden in hoping that he was the laid back one out of all the boys so as soon as we are at school we will go out separate ways. Fingers crossed hey.

Do you know how hard it was to argue with 7 males. Yes you heard even Blake disagreed with me. Now he has a opinion when it has something I don't want his opinion on. Typical.

We have been driving for around 10 minutes however my leg can't seem to stop bouncing with nerves. I'm trying to hold it so Jaden wouldn't notice.

"It's going to be alright Isla. Me and the boys will be looking out for you. You don't need to be nervous."
I smiled softly in return. I don't need them looking out for me. Don't get me wrong I appreciate them caring but things like this I need to do by myself. Sometimes in life doing things independently is better and this is one of those things.

"Thanks Jaden but I don't need your or the boys help I really appreciate it but this is something that I gotta do myself." I smiled softly at him which he replied  with  a sweet cheesy grin and a nod in understanding.

After the small conversation with Jaden we stayed silent for the rest of the ride with only background music playing. Although I wasn't actually listening to the music at all I was to lost in my own thoughts. So lost actually I didn't realise we were at school.

"Isla.....Isla we are here."

Here goes nothing was my last thought before climbing out of the car.

The school was much bigger than any school that I went to back home. There was a large courtyard out the front in which many groups of students were standing in their respective friendship groups.

The school door is a large double set of doors which lead into a crowed corridor with grey run down and slightly banged up lockers lining the walls.

It's what I would of imagine a typical American high school to look like. You know the types you kinda see in the movies growing up.

I've had a lot of time over the summer to think about what going to an American school would be like and the only thing I had to compare it to was the movies I didn't want to assume that it would be anything like the stereotype however, this school is much like that with the groups of people from what I can see. Let's not opinionated to fast. You know what they say don't judge a book by its cover.

On one side of the corridor you have the cheerleaders and the American football team and on the other side you have a group of students with their noses in books and others comparing timetables.

A stereotypical American high school. I just hope that the stereotypical drama doesn't come with it. I want this is be a stress free, drama free year.

"Hey Isla, I'll take you to get ur schedule." Jaden said knocking me out of my thoughts.

As we slowly started walking towards the reception area, the quieter everyone around us got. Although I was walking with my head down I could feel everyone stares. It doesn't help the rest of my stepbrothers decided to join us on the trek to get my schedule. Even Blake, wheres his barbie when you need her, huh?

Behind the large curved desk was sat an older women. She looked friendly however the scowl on her face says something very different.

The scowl that's was  graced on her face suddenly disappeared when she saw my brothers approaching the desk. Her sour face was morphed into this sweet almost flirtatious smile. It was at this moment when I realised how big of an impact my new stepbrothers actually have on this school.

"Schedule for Isla please."
"Yes, right, of course." The receptionist suddenly fluttered up and rushed to the back. Not very delicately may I end.

"Why did she act like....well like that?" I asked to no one in particular however, Laken was nice enough to respond.
"Well you see Isla, we didn't want to tell you before because we know how... shy you are but dad funds the whole school he technically owns it. Without dads donations this school wouldn't be on the league table when it comes to the best schools in the state."

"So to answer your question considering that idiot didn't." Blake butted in "Mrs Ennis acts like that as well as most teachers because they want to keep the children of the man who pays their wages happy." He smirked obviously liking the power it gives him. However I can already tell I won't like the attention.

I just hope the different last name means that most hopefully all won't know I am related to the Woodall brothers. Although I already know that I'm giving myself false hope.

The receptionist which I know learnt is names Mrs Ennis hands my schedule to Jaden.

"Okay so it looks like you have home room with Blake and Braxton. You then have biology with Daxton, maths and English with Blake, gym with Blake, Braxton and Daxton, art with Blake and then you are by yourself for history but we can easily change that if you don't feel comfortable by yourself." Jaden smiled.

"What about lunch and free period?" Daxton asks excitedly.
"Um... lunch with all of us and free with you, Dax and Blake."
"Yess" Dax almost screamed "we got free together Issy.

I smiled in return and collected my timetable from Jaden's outstretched hand.

"Thank you guys but I've got this you don't need to worry about me." I smiled hoping they got the hint.

"Nah don't be silly little sister we want you to worry. Don't hesitate to come to us if there are any problems and I mean any Isla. Even Blake if it comes down to it." He chuckles.
I simply smile in return.

We then started walking to what I'm guessing is home room.