F O U R T E E N

Isla's POV

It's been 2 hours. These boys are worse than girls. They have dragged me to at least all the good shops twice and they are still not done.

Finally though I have persuaded them into stopping and getting some food. My legs are aching, I can't feel my feet no more. The only good thing is that the boys are holding all the bags.

I got a few packs of different pens and other stationary bits like highlighters, notepads. You know the boring bits I have to have for school. I decided that I was just going to use my old college bag for school. Which was a black vans backpack. It's fairly new and I hardly used it. So I don't see a problem with using it.

To be honest I'm quite thankful that the boys are here with me because I had no clue in what I was getting. Apparently I needed several different notepads and different colour folders and bidders. Each for a different subject. Which is really weird because in the UK the schools supply all the books we need to write in the only things that we would need to buy was pens, pencils etc as well as the school uniform. So buying books and folders is pretty odd to me. In college I mostly wrote on my laptop so again I really didn't have to buy anything for that either.

We stopped in the food court of the mall and decided on getting Italian from a small little Italian stall. The boys both got a different pizza each while I decided on opting for some pasta.

"So Lala. Bella let slip your nickname she has for you." Daxton smiled sheepishly.
Rolling my eyes playfully I smiled and explained "Bella gave me that nickname when she was younger and she couldn't pronounce my name properly. So instead of saying Isla she said la la."
"Aww"
"That's so cute"

"Aha she's cute but trust me she can be a little devil at times. Don't let the pigtails fool you there only there to hide her devil horns." I stated trying to keep a serious face but ending up failing miserably because of the look on the boys faces. Which showed complete horror had me in creases.
"That's not funny. I truly am starting to believe that Bella is either a teenager demon in a child's body or an alien with supernatural powers. I'm leaning towards the latter option." Daxton shrugged causing me and Jaden to laugh.

"So Isla, what was your life like back in the uk?" Jaden asks with curiosity laced in his voice.
"How do you mean?" I needed them to be more specific I can't exactly just lay out my whole life story. We are not that close yet I mean don't get me wrong I really do like the boys they were much better than what I was expecting however it's still early days.
"Hmm I don't know... just tell me how your social life was in the uk? Is there any differences that you have noticed between America and England?" Jaden continued to ramble on.
"Um well one difference I have noticed is my American step brothers are very nosey." I laugh trying to make a joke but also trying to make a point of them to back off for a bit.

I know that they have been trying to get to know both me and Bella more but to be honest there is so much to our story, my story that I don't feel like sharing just yet. I still feel quite violated that my mum told Calvin MY story. I don't know how much she has told him and what if he lets it slip to the boys. I mean there are so many possibilities that can expose my secrets. Like what if someone sees my scrap books that I use to make lying around somewhere. Actually thinking about them where are they I haven't seen them since I packed them. Mental reminder to hunt for them before someone finds them.

"ISLA!" Dax screamed knocking me out of my thoughts.
"Oh sorry I zoned out." I laughed slightly while the boys gave each other a weird look. "What were you saying?"
"Your life before America?" Jaden shrugged.
"Oh right well it was pretty boring I guess." I smiled hoping that they would drop it.

I know they mean well and all but I honestly can't bring my self to open back up that chapter of my legs again. I mean yes I know I am going to have to at some point not to only tell other people but to also finally get closure.

It like a book. Although I am on the next chapter of my life, I still do have a book mark holding that chapter open. I finally want closure. I really want to be able to rip that book mark out of my book actually,  I want a new book. A squeal shall we say. One where I can finally move on and leave this book on a shelf to get old and dusty.

Maybe America can be my new book however I need to finish the first book before making a squeal and the only way to do that is to face the past and reread the book to finally have closure.

"ISLA!" Jaden shouted this time while waving his large hand in front of my face. "You zones out again. Are you okay?"

"Oh um yeah sorry. I do that a lot. My only little world." I embarrassingly tried laughing it off however the boys still look slightly concerned. Aww how cute. Thy care.

I decided the change the subject so that they wouldn't ask any more questions.

"Anyway what did I miss while I was away in fairy land?" I laughed.

"Aha well Dax thinks that Chick fill a is the better fast food chain however, I disagree and I think that in and out is way better. What do you think Isla?" Jaden stated disgusted by his brothers opinion on his food favourites.

"Umm I honestly don't know. I never tried any of them. We don't have them in the UK." I replied which earned a shocking gasp from both boys.
"What do you mean you haven't tried them?" Dax gasped out in shock. "That's it we are having them for dinner and you can decide then." He demanded before I could even answer his previous question.

"Okay then. Out of curiosity what is your favourite place to eat?" Jaden ask less shocked than before.
"Ohh that's hard I love a good Maccies however, I do think a cheeky Nandos has to top it off just." I smiled remember the juicy chicken. Oh god I really do miss England and Nandos.

After lunch and our little debate about places to eat, we decided to head home. I was so tired that I got Jaden to drive my car home while I sat in the back.