You realized a few tears had run down your face, leaving wet stains on your skin. He looked at you with a forced smile and when he noticed your tears, he seemed to fight himself on whether he should wipe them or not. You wiped them yourself before he could make up his mind, forcing a smile on your face as well.

"You should've moved out of town," you said and he shook his head softly, his eyes never leaving you.

"I couldn't. Not with the thought you might still have been there, so close to me I could have reached you."

You didn't add anything because there wasn't much to say, just letting your eyes get lost in his, the comfortable night embracing the both of you.

And it was enough, just lying in the grass side by side, as if the world would wait for you to be ready for another day.

-

-

Taehyung was waiting for you in front of your building, a knowing expression on his face. You decided to ignore his lifted eyebrow and little grin as he got in your car.

A moment later, you were seated in a kind of coffee shop that was rumored to make the best breakfast of town after only a week of being open. You were looking around at the decoration, avoiding Taehyung stare on you.

"So ?" he asked and you had no choice but to look at him. He was starring at you with an eyebrow lifted, and you pretended not to understand where he was aiming at. "Are you gonna talk about it ?"

"Talk about what ?"

"You spending the night with Jungkook ?" he sighed but you knew he was more excited to know what happened than annoyed as he made it seem.

You took a sip of your drink, looking at your best friend with a little smile. You could see him getting impatient so you eventually brought your mind to tell him.

"He called me last night. He wanted me to come to the hill to spend time with him," you paused as he looked surprised but he urged you to continue. "We just talked but we ended up staying there all night."

"Nothing happened ?" he asked, still looking at you with wide eyes. You shook your head with a smile, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"We just talked, that's it."

He nodded, smiling slightly, and you wondered what he was thinking as he looked at you in a way you couldn't read.

"He.." you paused, not sure if you should say it, but Taehyung's encouraging expression made the words easy to come out, "He talked about the months after I went missing. How it felt."

Taehyung stayed silent at first, gazing at you as if he could hardly believe it.

"He never talks about that, you know ?" he eventually said softly, his eyes never leaving you.

"I know," you let out, a weird feeling taking over you. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a second, still looking at you like he knew something you didn't. When he spoke again, his voice was slow, as if he had been thinking about what he was going to say for long.

"I think he needs it. I'm glad he doesn't keep everything inside anymore."

You didn't say anything, thinking about the way it had seemed easy for Jungkook to talk about it, like the words had left his mouth a hundred times before. It had seemed casual for him, when in reality it was probably the first time he ever voiced his thoughts.

And to know you were the one he chose to share it with gave you butterflies somehow.