| C U T T H R O A T |

Start from the beginning

"If you go back my father will kill you! He told me that if he ever saw you he wouldn't hesitate and I can't let that happen! I won't let you do this!" I pull away and see a single tear stream down his cheek knowing the reality of his deadly decision. He was putting his life on the line once again and deep down we both knew this was his goodbye to me.

"I won't let you die! Death is inescapable anyway we look at it and I can't handle losing you! You are the only thing I have ever loved! Austin...." I scream and fight with a selfish intention. I didn't care about anything else, I just didn't want him to go back to the city where he would lay down his life.

"You would have done the same thing if it were for Nat, so why is this any different?" Austin pauses as my eyes fixate on him knowing he had a point. "I love you more then I can even begin to explain and I don't wanna be away from you ever..." more tears pour from his ocean blue eyes that hold my world in them. "It kills me inside, tears me apart to know where this could all end up but I will never let someone else suffer my consequences,"

He touches my cheek gingerly while I wail and press his hand more firmly to my cheek. He felt like a mere image of a ghost now as he takes me back into his arms. My body shakes under the overwhelming sense of dread. This was the end of the road. It feels like I was being pushed off a cliff, falling where no one can catch me from the inevitable shattering.

The only place we will ever exist was my mind.

"I don't want you to go..." I scream cry not even sure if it was comprehendible. "Please.... please..." I beg with all my strength that I can conjure up with my broken mind.

"Shhhhhh...." I hear him coo as his voice becomes unsteady. I can tell he is trying to be the strong one out of the two but he is struggling to keep afloat.

His hand cradles my head while I bury my face into his inked neck that I would never again kiss. I was falling apart ever so painfully slow. My heart sank further and further into my chest collapsing everything in its path as I grab onto any air that I can.

"I love you," I whimper in a small and unsteady voice unsure if he even understood what I had said in a muffled unclear voice.

"I love you too," He responded in a soft faltering voice that cracked in his throat.

We could be here forever but I knew we didn't have that long. Our time was ticking by quickly, time was a luxury we never had.

I hear a car out front and freeze, my entire body paralyzed by anxiety. My breathing hitches in my throat and I hear footsteps creep closer to the roar of the engine dying down.

"Fuck!" Austin whispers as we pull away from each other.

"Is this it?" I ask him not meaning to voice my internal thoughts out loud. I bite the insides of my cheeks out of fear and focus my eyes on the door where two pairs of footsteps rub against the dust outside.

"They can run all they want they just can't hide from it," I could hear a faint voice that I could recognize from anywhere. Harry.

"Oh my god..." My voice is stifled as I put a hand over my gaping mouth. "Austin, you have to get out of here!" I whisper to him pushing him off the bed and nudging him to go before Harry found him.

"What's going on?' Austin asks me as that thick accent bounces off the worn and dingy motel walls like velvet.

"He will kill you if he finds you! You have to leave, now!" I coax him as he grabs his gun and gives me a longing look. It's an invisible chain that holds us together but now it was time to cut the ties no matter how badly we didn't want to.

"I love you..." I trail off as my head whips to the door that being pounded on, my heart races and rapidly knocks against my ribs. Blood rushes to my head as I get dizzied by the overwhelming anxiety and flashbacks of the past few hours.

"Luna! Austin!" Harry grits pressing himself against the decrepit door that was on its last hinges. Our eyes linger as Austin stands by the open window where he would take the bike back to the city. He truly was sewn together by the angels, someone like him didn't exist in a world like this. A world where your lungs were glazed in tar from the thick haze of cigarette smoke you were addicted to with each drag. A world where love was just a mere fairytale or figment of a little girl's imagination. Where the only place you could find a "princess" was wrapped around a pole under the neon lights that illuminated the wolves howling at her at all angles. Where the only "princes" scrambling for the next fix they swear will be their last even though that's just what they tell themselves, maybe if they think it or say it enough times it will be true.

"I love you too," he tells me as he hopes out the window just as the door bursts open. Harry's smile curls around the sides of his mouth once he lays eyes on me. I divert my eyes from the window and look where Nat and Harry graze into the small quarters that we had found a sanctuary in for a short time.

"Long time no see," Harry says towering over me as I notice the blood splatters scattered all over this wrinkled white button-down. His brown curls were unfurled while his long lashes feather over the intensity in those green eyes that see right through me.

I am transparent under this gaze.

"You have stirred up quite the mess out there Luna," Harry comes in closer and strays his gaze to my wounds and scratched up exposed skin.

I stay quiet and look over at Nat whose eyes shine with a certain sadness I can't quite decipher. She keeps her head down, her stature shrinking into a smaller frame almost as if she is huddled into the door frame not wanting to face me. She looks like a scared puppy.

"Why did you rat me out?" I asked in a dark voice as Nat's head stays downcasted. "Hmmm?" I ask again seeing her slowly lift her head.

"Luna I didn't have a choice," She says in a quiet small voice.

"You lead him right to us," I said gritting my teeth but finding it exhausting to be as angry as I was.

"Speaking of the two of you where is he?" Harry asks me touching my jaw and dipping it up to meet his gaze. I shake my head with tears in my eyes that I hold back despite the burning.

"You know that if he so much as steps back into the city he is dead right? We have our men everywhere there's no way he gets in or out alive," Harry says to me in his thick accent watching a big tear slip from my eyes.

"Why wouldn't you just let us go?" I ask in an unsteady gritty voice that I tried to keep even.

"You are the heir to the house Luna and your kids after that will take over after you, you have a responsibility," Harry tells me as I shake my head.

"I didn't ask for any of this, I don't want it," I tell him as he scoops me up and holds me tightly as I flinch and scream. "Let me go!" I scream out knowing that Austin was out there somewhere listening to my pleas for help. I knew there was nothing he could do to help me but it didn't deter me from screaming and lashing out.

Harry places me in the backseat and buckles me in like a child as I wince at the pain from my back that was surging up and down my entire body. "Maybe you just need a little sense knocked back into you. You've been living in a delusion for far too long, we can go over treatment options when you are a little more settled," Harry's smile curls upon his mouth again instilling fear into my soul all over again.

I knew where they were taking me, it always scared me as a kid hearing the screams of the electrical currents surging through someone. I didn't wanna be strapped down onto that bed like so many others who had "misbehaved".

I wasn't going to let them take me. I had to get out.

N. Hi bitches! I missed you all, I know I probably say that way too much but I always mean it. Now that we are in a pandemic it has given me the opportunity to write since I'm sure like most of you I have a lot of time at home. I thought during all of this I would try my best to keep yall entertained the best way that I can ha! I don't have a specific date on when updates will come, there may be multiple in a week or just one it will all vary. This story, however, is coming to its end:( but I do have other things coming up that if you stick around you will enjoy!