|B E F O R E W E D I E|

C U R R E N T D A Y:

We both lay in the wake of the morning as the warm sunlight adds a layer of warmth to the sheets. I roll over and perch myself on top of Austin's chest where he tangles his fingers in my knotted hair. A smile traces over my lips as I flutter my eyelashes thinking about the night we had. If I had it my way I would lay here all day with him and take in the sweet scent of the early morning.

"How did you sleep?" I ask in a groggy morning voice-hearing Austin yawn and stretch his stiff muscles that had tightened under his heavy sleep.

"Could have been better you are a wiggly sleeper," He teases as I turn to face him rolling my eyes playfully. I hum and bite my bottom lip.

"Uh Huh, I'm sure," I indulge soaking up every second I had to be here in this moment. I knew that this would all just be a faded memory after the minutes and hours passed so I wanted to hold onto it for as long as I could.

I wanted to trace the tattoos on his hands like he was my own personal stencil. I wanted to run my fingers through the curly tight brown locks he had. There were so many things I wanted to do that my mind ran to but our time was limited before I would have to leave for the moment.

We had things to do to set our escape plan in motion. I had to go home and talk to Natalia while Austin and Justin had their own agendas.

"Last night was amazing, I don't think I've ever felt like that before," I tell him honestly looking into his soulful blue eyes that encapsulated me with one look.

"Me either... it may be weird to say but I've had my fair share of women but no one compares to you... to what happened last night," He tells me stroking my cheek softly causing me to smile uncontrollably. I lean up and kiss him slowly closing my eyes gently to feel his soft lips against mine.

"I never knew that a feeling like that was possible. I didn't know I could feel so overwhelmed by something like that, it's addictive," I say sitting up just for him to pull me back into him where he rolled me up into his arms. I giggle as he begins attacking me with kisses and squeezes me tightly making my heart swell inside my chest.

"Stop!" I giggle as he peppers me with tickles and kisses. I laugh and thrash around feeling his fingers tickle my sides. Heat rises against my cheeks while I wiggle around in his grasp. My soft exposed skin feeling his touch that filled my lungs with uncontrollable laughter.

"More?" He questions with a bright smile etching across his lips playfully.

"No!" I shake my head frantically as I try to stop his hands and fingers from roaming ticklish spots on my body.

"Okay more," he laughs as I scream playfully unable to breathe as I cough out finally getting him to stop. I try to catch my breath again but can't help but smile when I see Austin's smile that drops from his lips.

"This isn't the last time, right?" I ask sketching the memory into my mind so that I could remember it when I was dead and gone. Truthfully, I don't know if my heart would ever forget they way it beat when I saw him.

Even though your brain deteriorates and forgets the things some hold dear, the heart never forgets. The hearts feelings never fade away they just subside for the moment.

"I would hope not," Austin tells me with a crooked smile that breaks my heart a little more.

We both knew the risks of this but I wanted to do this. I've never felt so strongly about anything, I've never felt like this period.

"I know we both have to go but I just can't, it hurts to know this may be the last peaceful moment we have together if we both die tonight," Austin shakes his head and hushes my anxious thoughts that race through my head. Anxiety makes a cocktail with sadness as he pulls me into an embrace that I resonate in. I try to remember everything about the way my body responded to his touch, to the sweet familiar scent he carried on his inked skin.