thirty-five

"I'm okay" I told Calum.

"I know you are" he nodded to home, stopping himself from counting my pulse.

"I'm just being precautious, if you want me to go and you two and continue to talk-" "no" I told him slowly- knowing he was right.

I had the right feeling in my chest, I recognized all of the trigger warnings of anxiety, and I knew I needed to stop getting upset.

"We can go downstairs, it won't be long until everyone is leaving because they're tired from time zones." I suggested to make it seem like I just wanted to spend time with family.

So we went downstairs

We all visited and listened to stories that everyone told, us all being able to catch up.

Dad sat beside me as I listened to Calum tell a story about an elderly patient her had to operate on not long ago.

Dad's arm went over my shoulders, making me lean my head onto his shoulder.

"Well- we should all get going, we might come back for a little tonight after we get a nap in, but we're exhausted" Calum's mom exhaled, moving to her feet- making everyone slowly start standing, giving hugs again.
I hugged Jack and Ben at the same time, feeling them hugging me back together

"We'll see you in a few hours" Ben spoke as Jack kissed my head firmly.

"Okay" I smiled to them.

And soon it was just me and my four boys again.

Dad and I stayed on the couch, dad holding me into his embrace, which I relaxed into.

"I don't want you to leave" I mumbled into his hair, feeling him immediately move to where he could look at me.

"You're not excited to stay with Jack and Ben?" He asked me.

"It's not that I'm not excited, I just wish you could stay too" I told him quietly.

"Someone's going to miss her Dad" he immediately teased me, making me roll my eyes.

"Nevermind- go away" I joked, hearing him immediately laugh, squeezing me tighter.

"My baby is going to miss me- I've never heard her actually admit that" he laughed, his head hitting my shoulder.

"Stop" I laughed out to him as the guys walked in, looking to the tv.

"It's okay princess, I'm going to miss you ten times more."

I highly doubt it.