fourty-six

I ended up bringing her to the attending's on call rooms due to Calum taking majority of the bed in her room.

Her and I both laid in the small bed that was designated to me.

I put her closest to the wall- knowing that if someone fell off the bed, it wasn't going to be her.

I held her lightly, keeping my hand on the cooling rag on her back, making sure it stayed pressed against her back to where she could feel it.

I made sure that she was asleep before I finally let the tiredness overtake my body.

Skylar.

I woke up to the feeling of my body being picked up.

I didn't panic, because I immediately recognized Calum's whispering voice from the body that was holding me.

"He's still asleep" Calum whispered, making me lift my head off his chest, slowly wrapping my arm around him as he walked out of the on call room and down the hall with me in his arms.

"Hi pretty girl, how are you feeling?" Calum asked me, making me lean my head back on his chest

"Sleepy" I admitted to him tiredly. 

"Your dad probably had you up too long with his surprise drop in" he laughed lightly, bringing me into his office, setting me on my feet- making me realize how sore my lower stomach and back actually was.

"Let's look at your stitches" he spoke, making me hold my shirt as he lifted it, carefully pulling the bandage away.

"Ash doesn't need to look at it?" I asked him.

"I would say I'm just as good as Ashton when it comes to checking stitches" he spoke with a smile, making me smile back to him.

He touched around it lightly, making sure I didn't react negatively before giving me a nod.

"You're going home today, princess."

I couldn't have been happier.

I sat on his couch with him as Ashton woke up my dad and gave him my discharge papers.

"You ready to be home?" Calum asked me with a smile, kissing my head firmly.

"So ready"

My dad, Jack, Ben and I rode in dads car as the rest of the guys took Calum's home.

I sat in the backseat with Ben, leaning on him as everyone talked.

"I wish I would've known all this shit was going to happen- I would've asked you to stay another week so you guys can finish all of your plans" my dad exhaled to them as he drove, ya all knowing that they were leaving in two short days- which would be filled with nothing but recovery.

"We already told her we would be back for her birthday." Jack grinned- turning to look to me with a smile.

"You know what just sucks the most out of all of this?" Jack spoke to no one in particular.

He got light hums from each of us, making him continue.

"I was going to take her to Altitude without you knowing, and we never got to do that." He spoke, seeming so disappointed.

"Thank you so much for planning to do the one thing I asked you not to do with her" dad laughed out to him, as I watched him shrug lightly

"that's what uncles are for, Luke- you discipline her and fuss at her, I take her and do the shit you don't let her do, it's my job" he smiled widely.

"I'm going to stop inviting you here" Dad laughed through the joke to him.

"Oh just wait until she turns eighteen- I'm taking her into every bar that I can get her into."