twenty-seven

Skylar.

I grabbed Nike shorts and one of Calum's shirt, going to my bathroom.

I exhaled, looking at my reflection- seeing the mess that I was.

I pulled my hair into a pony tail, sighing at my tired reflection.

I pulled the shirt over my head- immediately having to do a double take at the mirror.

Hickeys.

So many of them.

Scattered from my collarbones all way to my hipbone.

I stared at the bruises, glancing to my wrists before glancing to the bruise on my jaw in the mirror

And I finally let myself cry.

Now that I was alone- I could do that.

I thought about the night

The feeling of him getting into my bed- me thinking it was my mom.

The feeling of him jerking my wrists.

The feeling of his hand and lips touching my skin

I wanted him off.

I continued to cry as I did a deep scrub in the shower- trying to scrub all of him off of me- trying to scrub the bruises away- trying not to hyperventilate from the steam of my shower and my own crying.

I got out- letting out another cry once I saw the bruises were still there.

I wanted my dad- he would know how to cover them to where I wouldn't see them every time I look at myself.

I dried off, throwing on my shorts and a sports bra, slinging my door open as I continued to cry, walking my crying body into the living room.

"Dad" I cried out- catching every single one of their attentions.

"Princess- you're so red-" "get them off of me- get him off of me" I sobbed loudly to him.

Luke.

She was scrubbing at her skin, trying to make the bruises go away- sobbing loudly, begging me

"Get him off of me"

I wanted to kill him all over again.

Ashton Googled how to get rid of hickeys as I got Michael to take pictures without letting her know what he was doing, because we'd need proof for court.

"Good to get rid of them" michael mumbled, starting to assist us in grabbing the items Ashton yelled out, telling us what to do that would help get rid of the marks.

And all four of us tried different things at one time.

I was holding a frozen spoon to her collarbone, Ashton was brushing over peanut butter, Calum was brushing it with a toothbrush and Michael was rubbing them with pennies.

And to all of our surprise, because we didn't think any of them would work- all of the bruises started fading.

They weren't completely gone, but they weren't noticeable, you'd think it was just birthmarks if you saw them.

"Better, babygirl?" I asked her, helping her off the counter and following her hiccuping body  to the bathroom, where she looked to herself, giving the slowest nod, wiping her own tears slowly, making me pull her into a hug.

"Talk to me please" I whispered to her

"I want to talk about it, I really do" I watched her eyes water as she spoke to me.

"It's just so hard, I don't like people seeing me cry and I don't even know how to tell you how I'm feeling, like I don't know the correct words" she hiccuped as I hugged her again.

"Well let's move slow, princess- I'll help you with the words, you've just gotta give me some symptoms"