Day XXII: Family AU

Awe. Well, this will be cute.

"Peter! Time for breakfast!" Steve echoed through the house. Although it was quite large, his voice seemed to carry; I guess that's what happens when you were a captain.

But, instead of attracting the spiderling, Steve attracted something else. He heard the familiar clink of metal and the scurrying of paws against the hardwood floors that made him know exactly who it was-

"Good morning, Sarge." He chuckled, plating the other's food. He shook his head. "I suppose you're ready for your food too, huh buddy?" This earned a bark and a single spin from the golden retriever, who now waited patiently by his bowl. Steve paused, looking over. "How about this- You go wake Mr. Cranky Pants up and I'll add a few strips of bacon to your breakfast. Deal?" Yet again, Sargeant barked before taking off to Tony's and Steve's shared bedroom.

Footsteps approached the end of the stairs as Peter slid into the chair at the table. "Hey, Pa." He greeted as Steve carried over his plate. "Good morning, kiddo." He hummed, laying the plate down and watching Peter's eyes light up. "Woah! How'd you do that?"

The pancakes were shaped perfectly to make a Christmas tree. The other sides, such as eggs and bacon, were set to look like decorations on the pancake tree.

Steve shrugged. "Just some practice. Eat up. You may be out of school for break but you got tons of chores." Steve teased, ruffling his hair as Peter began to chow down.

Steve turned to see Sargeant pulling Tony by his shirt into thw kitchen. Tony groaned. "It's like, 8am Steve. Is it really necessary to wake up this early?" He mumbled. In reply, Steve handed him his mug of coffee. "Yes, it is. We need to start a schedule to wake up this early. That means no more sleeping until noon."

Tony sipped his hot coffee as Steve kissed him on the cheek. "Now go sit down with Peter." He hummed as Tony mumbled. "Whatever." He followed orders as Sargeant let go of his shirt. Steve brought over Tony's plate and sat it down infront of him, Tony staring in disbelief.

"You really overdid yourself here. Truly. This is more extra than me." He mocked as Steve chuckled. "I'm in a good mood. Don't spoil it." With that, he walked away to fix Sargeant's meal up.

"I suppose you're waiting on me, huh old guy?" Steve spoke as Sargeant wagged his tail in reply. Steve grabbed his bowl, filling it up with dog food first before placing three strips off bacon across the top. He sat it down as Sargeant barked as a thank you before starting to eat.

As Steve leaned against the counter, he couldn't help but smile. Nothing but small chatter was happening at the table between Tony and Peter, but god;

This was perfect.

His family. Where he belonged.

Tony turned in his seat and looked at Steve. "Well? Are you joining us or not, Cap?"

Steve chuckled as he turned off the stove, grabbing his own plate and walking over.

"Yeah. I'm coming."

Just....

Perfect.

____________________________________

It's not really Christmas themed (hints the pancakes I threw in there to make it) but hey, its still
F a m i l y