Chapter 22

His lips were on yours before you knew it, his hand resting on your shoulder and around your waist. You hooked your fingers on his belt loops, kissing him back fervently. Then his lips trailed slowly down your jaw, your neck, you pulled him tighter against you. His mouth was heaven on your skin. You were on tiptoes and nibbled at his ear. He chuckles a low chuckle, his hand sliding up your shirt, "Is that okay?" He asks against your skin, you mumble a yes in reply. You fumble with the buttons on his shirt, your hands shaky. He pulls away to help you undo the buttons before his lips are on your neck again, leaving a trail of fire behind. You wrap your arms around his neck, launching your self onto him so that your legs wrap his hips. You're kissing his collarbone when you feel something hard against you.
This is wrong! A voice inside your head screams but you ignore it, it feels so right, how could it be wrong? His arms go underneath your shirt, sliding it up your back, you raise your arms above your head as he helps pulls the shirt off you. You're moving toward the couch, lips sliding over lips, your mind screaming to you to stop. To wait a little more to get to know him better before you give yourself to him. But your body is screaming yes, to give in to desire, who cares about the consequences? You notice that Tom's body is no longer pressed against you, his hands are on either side of you and he's panting, a mixture of emotions in his eyes. Surprise, concern, disappointment, a flicker of understanding.
"You're not ready." He says, it's more if a statement than a question. You unlatch your legs from his hips and swallow, your breathing hard.
"Tom-" your voice is barely a whisper.
"I knew I shouldn't have gone so far." He mutters bitterly, more at himself than you, "Y/N, I'm sorry, I hope you don't think I'm trying to take advantage of you. Oh f-" he cursed and then looked apologetic, sorry for swearing in front of a lady.
"Hey," you say gently, reaching up to touch is cheek, "don't apologise. This isn't your fault. You knew we had to stop and you did. Other guys I know would have just kept going. You're different, you know the limit." You smile reassuringly.