CH. 21 The Purple Bra

Start from the beginning

Cameron's eyes relayed the look of understanding.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry," Cameron winced, grabbing my other hand that was holding my sweater shut, "I didn't think he'd be as aggressive with you as he is with me. And as for smarts, science is his single talent. It's unfortunate you got him in your class," She comforted.

"Cam!" I yelled out of surprise as my bra was exposing itself yet again.

Cameron looked down at my shirt, "Oh god!" Her eyes lit up and she quickly grabbed the sides of my cardigan and held them together herself, "That's bad," She said seriously, "But, why that bra today?" She tried to conceal her laughter.

I huffed, pushing her hands away from me and grabbing the sweater myself, "I don't know Cameron!" I whined, glancing at the back of the room where the group of boys Cameron was previously sitting with were staring curiously at the two of us.

"I thought it was cute," I said sadly, crossing my arms in embarrassment.

Cameron giggled, "Well, if you wanted the whole school to think your bra is cute, you're doin' a good job," She teased.

I cracked a little smile, "Shut up," I groaned.

"That is...the whole school minus your 3 brothers who will kill you if they see this sexy little thing you've got on," She laughed, pulling my sweater open again and grinning at my bra.

"Cut that out!" I lectured her with a smile on my face, yanking the cardigan closed again.

"Nice bra Violet, matches your name," Shane, Cameron's little 'friend', called to me— causing his friends around him to laugh.

"Ya, ya, can it Shane," I bit back jokingly as laughter filled that corner of the room.

I rolled my eyes, "See what you've done now," I hissed under my breath to Cameron as we waltzed our way to the back of the classroom.

"Whoopsie," She responded, "But... I mean, he isn't wrong," Cameron joked as she hopped back onto the table Shane was sitting at, kicking around her feet giddily.

"It is a nice color," My childhood friend, Aiden, hummed under his breath as he threw me a wink.

I pulled my cardigan tighter around me, "Oh? Is that so?" I flirted lightly.

Aiden had always been a big flirt, but we had been mutual friends for a long time— so it never was more than a joke with the two of us.

"It is so," Aiden smirked, his steely eyes taking in my full appearance, "So a senior's giving you some problems I see?" He asked, picking up a strand of my wet hair and twirling it between his fingers.

"It would appear that way, yes," I responded with a sigh.

"Anything I can do to help?" Aiden piped up, giving me a sad look-over once again, "Seems like you may need it," He chuckled, sitting down in a seat beside Shane and Cameron and waiting for me to sit as well.

I laughed under my breath, walking to sit beside Aiden, "I would say yes, but since my main issues are with my own brothers and their conniving best friends, I don't think there's much you can do," I patted his shoulder solemnly, "Plus— I think I'm capable of fighting my own battles, but thanks for the offer," I smirked at Aiden, a playful glimmer in my eyes.