CH. 47 Stay

I watched his back as he left.

He didn't bother to turn around once, striding his way towards the door and exiting the restaurant.

I stared blankly at the seat Lucas previously sat in— my lips still parted to speak the words I never got to.

"Why the fuck would you guys come here," A voice sneered over the bitter silence between the rest of my brothers.

I shifted my sight to stare at Lance— whose lips were pressed into a snarl, eyes narrowed in anger.

Lance then abruptly stood, slamming his chair back, "You fucked this whole thing up," He growled, his words directed straight at my paralyzed body.

Lance then took a step towards the rest of our Hansen herd, "You all did," He hissed.

I stood silent, swallowing my pride.

Nothing had gone as it was supposed to.

Nothing at all.

Lance laughed humorlessly at the bunch of us standing before him, shaking his head in a menacing way, "Do you guys fucking realize what you've done?"

I looked up to see the glossiness of his eyes.

His cheeks were red, his grueling eyes now welling with tears.

He then turned his head to me, his whole expression conveying resent and disappointment, "Do you not realize I was the last hope we had left for Lucas?" He sneered at me.

I stared back at Lance in shock, my body limp and shaky.

Lance then balled his fists together, "Huh, Violet?!" He then shouted, causing me to flinch back. Lance narrowed his watery eyes at me, "Why couldn't you fucking listen to instructions for once! Just fucking once!" He boomed.

My breath hitched in my throat, now causing a tight knot to form within it.

Lance stared at me expectantly, demanding an answer.

I could feel my heartbeat within my ears, hear the way Lance's voice basically reached out to stab me.

I blinked at him, my head shaking side to side slightly, "I'm sorry," I muttered lightly, "I didn't think—"

"—Of course you didn't think!" Lance quickly interrupted me, "You never think about anyone else except for yourself! You're selfish and you're not fucking sorry, you're never fucking sorry!" He yelled, gritting his teeth together.

I felt my heart fall heavy within my stomach, my chest aching heavy with regret.

Tears welled within my eyes, and I stood across from Lance in absolute silence.

I didn't have anything to defend myself with. Especially because it seemed that what he was saying was true.

I had been dealing with so much but I hadn't stopped to realize my actions didn't just affect me. They affected everyone around me.

Lance, Chase, Kade, West, Flynn.

It affected all of them just as much as it affected me.

I felt a presence shift closer to me, "Lance, please stop," I heard a voice instruct.

I turned my head to see Chase, his eyes foggy in desperation for this whole mess to be over.

Lance now turned his attention to Chase, his nose turning up in bitterness, "And, you," Lance growled, "You allowed this to all happen."

Chase inhaled deeply, his eyes staring at Lance without a response.