CH. 8 You Think So Little of Me

I wake up the next morning at 8.

Fucking 8. ON ONE OF MY LAST  SUMMER MORNINGS.

All because Mr. Kade DeLuca Hansen wanted to get out bright and early, right after he was done working out at the gym this morning with Lance. I understand why Lance is going; since he has to stay in tip-top shape for football season, which is right around the corner- but Kade just wants something to show. Am I surprised? Absolutely not.

"Pancakes are ready!" I hear Chase's voice call from downstairs.

I had just finished showering and applying my makeup, so I threw on running shorts and an athletic tank top, ready to voyage out on this sunny day for ugh, school supplies.

Jumping down the stairs, I raced into the kitchen, sitting down at my usual spot at the table, and devouring my pancakes.

I had managed to be the first person down, so it was just Chase and me in the kitchen.

"Damn, someone sure is hungry this morning," Chase chuckled from behind the stove where he was flipping more pancakes.

"Mmhuh," I mumbled quietly, ignoring Chase, and keeping my head down.

"So, you excited to get into high school? Be a normal teen for a wh- woah," Chase paused, coughing lightly, "Uhm... what do you think you're wearing?" He gave an uncomfortable chuckle, looking me up and down.

I raised my head to Chase and cocked an eyebrow, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing...?" I questioned.

"Uh- I- nothing," Chase's face turned pink at the cheeks and he went back to flipping pancakes.

Still confused, I stared at Chase for a little longer, but ultimately put my head back down.

Then, the herd came.

One by one Lance, Kade, West, and Flynn all filed into their seats, awaiting breakfast.

"Where's Lucas?" I asked to nobody in particular, noticing his absence.

"Oh, he's still asleep. He was up late last night talking to our g- friends," Lance told me, scratching at his chin.

"Oh, okay," I replied, relaxing a little bit in my seat, leaning forward.

Kade looked over at me, "So Vi, what all do you need toda- OH, woah Vi," Kade's eyes went wide, and he held back a laugh, "Better not let Lance see that," He said, bursting out a chuckle.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

Lance perked up at his name, and looked in my direction, "See what?" He asked, examining my figure. His eyes raked over my body, then widened as they snapped back up to only view my face, "Oh- what the fuck, cosa diavolo pensi di indossare? Chi stai cercando di impressionare?" (What the hell do you think you're wearing? Who are you trying to impress?) Lance grimaced, keeping his line of vision trained on my eyes.

I shook my head, "Che cosa? Cosa c'è di sbagliato in questo?" I complained, asking what was wrong with my outfit.

Lance, Kade, and I's interaction sparked wonder, and soon West and Flynn were also staring at me, mouths wide open.

"Well, Violet," West snickered awkwardly.