CH. 15 A Storm Is Brewing

My feet sank in a puddle of water, looking to all of my brothers standing in front of our house at 6 AM.

The rain poured down and Lance looked at me, glossy brown hair swinging in front of his eyes.

"Are you ready to go talk to them?" Lance shouted to me over the thundering sky.

"I-"

"Well it doesn't matter if you're ready or not, because they're going to talk to you either way- whenever the fuck they please," Lance grit, pushing me forward towards the house.

I stumbled in my heels, catching myself and looking back to Lance, "I never stood a chance, did I?" I spit.

Lance shoved his hands into his pockets, walking forward through the rain, and passing me, waving to the pack of wolves who stood unified at the door of the Hansen home.

"No," He threw over his shoulder, "You never even came close."

Now. I bet you're wondering how I got here. Well... the night took a toll, Lance protruding the random frat boys room to find Cameron and I drunk out of our minds... Wyatt and Lance having bit of a brawl... tears, screaming, anger, and more anger to come...

I've said it many a time, and I'll say it once again...

I'm fucked.

———- Earlier that night

"What the fuck do you think you're doing here."

The six boys surrounded the huge room, none other than Lance standing in the middle as their leader.

Evan stormed up to me, grabbing his phone from my hands in a flash, and shooting me a nasty glare.

I shifted my gaze slowly to Cameron who sat quaintly in petrified silence, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Lance's dark voice barked, causing both Cameron and I to flinch out of our daze.

I eyed Lance with a sense of urgency, roaming over his balled up fists, sharp glare, and clenched jaw.

Lance panted in anger, his breath picking up every second Cameron and I sat mute.

Lance furrowed his eyebrows, growling lowly at me.

"Are you going to fucking answer me!?" Lance boomed, causing me to take a step back out of fear.

C'mon Violet, pull yourself together.

"I don't owe you an explanation," My inner drunk proclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest.

The boys behind Lance narrowed their eyes, blind-sighted by my new found confidence.

Lance bit his lip, smirking at me, "Oh is that so?" He asked grimly.

His response made my skin crawl, but I stood my ground, refusing to back down, "Did I stutter?" I bit.

Lance scoffed a laugh, the smirk dropping from his face.

"Violet, don't," Cameron whispered from the bed behind me.

I turned around to find Cameron shooting a glare at me, shaking her head slowly- telling me to not mess with Lance.

"No," I grit back at her, raising my hands up in the air, "I don't fucking care anymore, I really don't," I huffed.

Cameron tucked her lips in, silencing herself and letting me handle the battle.

I turned back to face Lance who was standing calmly, awaiting my attention.