I won't let it be

Ben POV

I land on the bottom of the cavernous crack with a thud.

A large gash on my arm bleeds profusely but it's the least of my worries.

I can only think of Rey.

I can feel her force, I know she's afraid. That she is questioning her own strength and giving into fear.

All after these years of fighting each other, after everything that I have done to her and to the ones she loved, Rey still showed me mercy, when she used her own life force to heal me.

In that moment I found the light that I had suppressed for so many years. The light that Rey carries with her, that radiates from her eyes. Because of Rey I finally listened to my family, and Ben Solo the Jedi rose out of the ashes of Kylo Ren the Sith.

Suddenly I hear the words "Be with me"

It's Rey.

I wince as I feel numerous cuts on my skin but I focus all my force towards Rey.

I can see through her eyes as she stares at the lightning in the sky, and I whisper in her ear.

"I believe in you Ray...I always have"

I let go of my breath and open my eyes. I'm back in the cavernous crack where jagged rocks surround me. I look up and see cracks of lighting in the sky.

I have to get to Rey.

I start climbing even though the sweat stings my flesh. One step at a time I climb higher and higher. My hands start bleeding but the pain is now numb.

Suddenly I hear an explosion and I almost lose my grip.

Rey.

The adrenaline kicks in and I climb faster up and up until my hand reaches the surface.

I lift my body up and crawl my way to Ray. She lies on the ground unconscious and cold. I cradle her into my arms, and push back a piece of hair behind her ear. I then place my head against her chest, listening for a heartbeat, hoping for a single sound to dispel my despair. 

I hear nothing.

I rest my forehead against her's and hold back my tears. It can't be.

I won't let it be.

I focus my life force and I begin to transfer it to her heart, except I can't. There is something blocking it. As if...her life force is already overflowing.

But my life force is draining fast. I start to feel faint as my eyes battle to stay open. I catch a glimpse of Rey, her eyes are finally open.

Rey sits up in surprise of our proximity, but then quickly wraps her arms around me in a tight hug.

Tears flow down her cheeks as rests her head on my shoulder. I grip her tightly and sigh in relief.

Rey lets go and looks at me with sense of wanting and desire. I stare back at her with the same hunger, gazing at her lips, long have I wondered how they taste.

There's nothing to say, yet we speak a million words with our eyes. We both know that we feel the same way, that we both crave each other's touch.

The force pulls us together again, but this time we don't fight it.

Without hesitation our lips collide and we kiss each other hungrily. I wrap my arms around her waist as her hands run through my hair.

But as soon as she pulls away, I grin one last time and fall down to the ground, the world goes black.

                                                                                      ................

I gasp, the air in my lungs suddenly returns to me. 

I open my eyes and look up at Rey. She's smiling as tears fall down her cheeks.

Am I dead? Is this heaven?

Rey strokes my cheek "Ben...are you ok-"

I pull her down before she can finish and kiss her tenderly.

If this is a dream, I don't want it to end.