• 7 •

"Go for Lo."

"Are you alright?"

I hummed into the receiver. "Yes, I am. Why?"

"No need for the attitude. I was calling to check on you, you've been ignoring everyone since you left the party the other night. We're all worried about you Logan, you need to get out of the house. Have you spoken to anyone else?"

"I don't have an attitude and no." I ran my fingers through my hair and sat my pen down on the coffee table. It was nine o'clock in the morning and Cynthia has been blowing my phone up since the other night. After the shit show at my dad's birthday party I went back to my apartment and turned my phone off. I haven't spoken to anyone since then. Which is why my best friend is currently on my phone giving me shit for it.

"You do, I can hear it in your voice Logan and you need to call everyone they are worried sick about you."

I hummed. "I'm fine, you worry too much."

She groaned. "Do I need to say what you know I'm going to say?"

I ran my hand down my face. "What are you getting at Cyn?"

"You know what I'm getting at Bub."

I sighed. "Cynthia, I really don't want to talk about it."

"Well, I'm sorry my love but eventually you're going to have to. He's back in town, there's no hiding from that fact."

"He hates me."

"Lo, what are you talking about? You didn't do anything to him. Did he say something to you the other night?"

"He tried to, but I moved away from him before he could."

She sighed. "You're not going to move on until you talk to him. Wait, did someone knock at your door?"

"Door? I don't have a door."

I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "Right, how could I forget? The rich tend to not have one."

I snorted. "I'm not rich, just very fortunate my parents cared about me and my living situation."

"Yeah whatever, but seriously what are you going to do about Michael?"

"Nothing, there's nothing for me to do." My phone beeped and I looked at it. "Give me a second I'm going to call you back, someone's beeping in."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too." I switched over. "Go for Lo."

"Thank God! I was worried sick! We've been calling and calling. It's not like you to not answer your phone Logan." She scolded. "Are you okay baby?"

I smiled softly. It was nice to hear her voice. "Hi mom, I'm sorry I didn't call. I wasn't feeling too well, but I'm okay now."

"Hm.. Okay darling, I'm glad to know that you are alright."

I hummed softly. "Thanks mom."

"Of course, but I do need to ask you something."

I got up from the couch and headed to my bedroom. "Uh oh.. What's going on?"

She laughed. "Oh hush. The kitchen staff is preparing brunch for everyone in a few and I would love for you to be here with us."

I hummed. "Sure, what time?"

"Um.. around one, so in about an hour almost. Is that alright with you?"