• 3 •

I looked at Cynthia lying across my bed with her face stuffed into her phone. I was debating on telling her about Casey and Michael, because if I knew her as well as I thought, then I would be the first to attest that she was going to freak out more than I did.

"How does this look?" I held up my dress that I was wearing to my dad's party. It was a silk midnight blue spaghetti strap gown, the sides of it were ruched, and the back was cut out.

Her eyes widened and she sat up. "Holy fuck, where'd you get that?"

"My mom got it when she went to Paris last summer. It's just been sitting in my closet, so I thought why not?"

"Wow yes, that blue is gorgeous. You're going to look amazing in that dress Logan."

"I hope so." I placed it back in the plastic bag and hung it in my closet. "I'm exhausted."

"Me too." She placed her phone down on my nightstand and patted the spot next to her. "Come lay next to granny."

I laughed and went to lay next to her. "Hey granny."

She smiled then looked at me curiously. "Psst." She nudged me. "I know that look. What's killing you Bub?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She scoffed. "I call bullshit."

"Bullshit?"

"Bullshit."

I raised an eyebrow. "I really don't know what you're talking about."

She hummed. "Whatever, I know you Logan. You can't hide things from me. What's going on?"

I sighed. "Okay I do have something to tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't freak out."

"What is it?"

"Promise me."

She rolled her eyes. "I promise."

"Do you remember the guy from the restaurant last week? The one that was with Casey?"

"The tall guy with the colored eyes? Sexy smile? Sexy face? Just overall sexy as hell?"

I nodded and stifled a laugh. "Yes Cyn, that's the guy."

"You know, I was thinking and it all seemed a little odd to me. Yes, Casey is pretty, but he's not really what she goes for. She usually wants to be the only good looking one in her relationships."

I hummed. "That is true, I have noticed that a couple of times."

"Yeah, it's like this guy looks too good to be true or something." She shrugged and looked at her phone. "What about him though?"

I let out a breath. "That was Michael."

She nodded. "Okay, Michael... Michael?" She looked at me. "Who's Michael?"

"Michael Anderson."

Cynthia kept her eyes locked with mine and cocked her head to the side. It was almost as if she was studying me, which I'm pretty sure she was considering her silence.

I raised an eyebrow. "Say something?"

"The guy that she's with is Michael?"

"Yes."

"You're joking right?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm not. I wish I was though, it would've made all of this so much easier to deal with."

"Michael? As in your ex boyfriend? As in the Michael that we've known almost our whole lives?"

I nodded.

She jumped up. "Are you kidding me? What the fuck Logan! That was Michael? Casey is with Michael? We have to kill her! I'm going to fucking rip her apart!"

I smiled softly as I watched my frantic best friend pace up and down the marbled floor. "Funny. That's kind of what I told Andy."

She stopped and looked at me with wide eyes. "Andy? If he knows then that means.."

I hummed. "Yes, all of them know."

She looked at me and let out a breath. "How long?"

I shrugged. "A couple of weeks now I'm guessing. Olivia and Patrick set it up."

She walked over to me. "My boyfriend and his sister set up Casey and Michael?"

"Yes."

She pulled me close to her and wrapped her arms around me. "Logan, I'm going to break up with him before I kill him. I promise."

I shook my head and pulled back. "Cynthia no, you don't have to do that."

"No, he crossed you. Which means he crossed me too. How could they do that to you? It's disgusting. I'm breaking up with him and that's final."

"No, you love him. I couldn't ask that of you. I wouldn't ask that of you."

She scoffed. "I can't believe him."

I sighed. "It's fine."

"It's not fine. You've been nothing but warm hearted to them and this is how they repay you? By setting up the one person you despise with someone that you have major history with? That you were once in love with?"

I felt like crying, I could feel my throat tightening. The only other time I've seen my best friend hurt for me like this is when Steven left me. She wasn't wrong, Olivia and Patrick kind of went behind my back, but who was I? Michael and I were history. We haven't spoken in years.

"Logan?"

I felt a hand touch my arm as I blinked back in to reality. "Cyn.."

"How do you feel? I mean, have you known this whole time? Do they know that you know?"

I laid my head on her chest. "No, only Andy. He's the one who told me."

"You didn't answer my other question. How do you feel?"

"I don't know, I don't feel like I have a right to feel anything. I ruined us a long time ago, plus I haven't spoken to him in years. So why does it still kind of hurt?" I sighed. "I think I need my therapist again, I can't deal with this. I don't know how to."

She ran her fingers through my hair. "No, you don't need her. You have me. I'm your therapist."

"Really." I deadpanned.

"I'm serious. Look, a good therapist gives out great advice right?"

"I don't think I like where this is going."

"Good. I have a proposition."

I sat up and raised an eyebrow. "Like I said, I don't think I like where this is going."

She smiled. "I know you don't really do parties anymore, but Patrick's birthday party is tomorrow night and I say we motherfucking be there. I know they'll be there too, but let's just go shove your gorgeousness in their faces."

"I don't know.."

She pouted and batted her eyelashes. "Please? I really hate them for doing this to you."

I placed a piece of hair behind my ear and sighed. "You're so annoying. Fine, I'll go."

She squealed and jumped on me. "You're literally the fucking best! I knew the universe paired us together for a reason!"

I groaned. "Yeah I know. Now get off of me."

She jumped up and squealed again. "We're going to have so much fun!"