• Prologue •

I placed my face into my hands and leaned against the kitchen counter. How could I be so blind? I thought I had everything under control. I didn't see the signs, I should have, but I didn't. We were getting married in a week and I still couldn't tell when he was upset. I heard a noise from the living room and lifted my head to see my fiancé, Steven, walking into the kitchen to join me.

The person that stood before me was a complete stranger. I didn't recognize him. His bright blue eyes didn't have the same spark anymore.

Steven opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it. "Hey, can we talk?"

He sighed and took off his jacket. He placed it on the chair in the corner and sat down. "What about?"

I gestured to him. "You."

"Me?" He raised an eyebrow. "What about me?"

I walked over and sat in the chair in front of him. "Okay, I'm just going to be blunt here and don't take it the wrong way." I sighed. "Steven, are you alright? You haven't been yourself lately. It doesn't seem like you're happy anymore."

He looked taken aback. "What?"

"I may be young, but I can figure out when someone isn't their self. I know you.."

He scoffed. "You don't know me."

I froze. I've never wanted a chair to swallow me whole before in my life. "Um, okay.."

He stood up and slammed his fist against the table. I flinched. "You don't fucking know me!" He took a deep breath. "You're right, I'm glad you brought this up. I'm not happy. I don't want this anymore."

I could feel his stare, I couldn't meet his eyes. "Want what?"

"This." He gestured to me. "You."

"What are you saying?"

He sighed. "I don't want to marry you Logan. I'm sorry, there's.. there's someone else."

My heart dropped and I finally looked up at him. "Someone else?" I could hear my voice crack.

He ran his fingers through his long blonde hair. "I.. Give me the ring."

My eyes widened. "Give you the.. Steven, we're getting married next week... It can't just be over? There can't be any one else?"

He groaned and walked into the living room. "Logan, I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner. Maybe it was because I was blinded by so much lust. I don't know, just give me the ring."

I followed him, confusingly. "Lust? You were blinded by lust? How can you say that to me?"

He spun around to face me. "Logan, give me the got damn ring!"

I stepped back. My palms were sweating and my heart was racing. "No! I'm not giving you the ring! You're not leaving me for someone else!"

He grabbed the lamp off of the coffee table and threw it against the wall beside me. I flinched and covered myself. "Fuck! Why are you making this so difficult? I don't want you anymore!"

I choked back a sob and folded my arms behind my back. "No, that's not true! You want this just as much as I do!"

"I don't!" He let out a breath. "Logan, listen to me... I don't want to marry you." He shook his head. "I don't even know why I entertained the idea of us. You're a fucking kid. Can't you see that?"

"I'm not a kid!"

"You're nineteen years old!"

I reached out for him, he pushed me away. "I can mature for you! Is that what you want? Am I not mature enough?" I inched closer to him. "This is my dream, our dream! Don't throw this away Steven, please."

He looked at me like I was insane. "You're living in a fantasy world princess. It doesn't have anything to do with maturity, I could never be with a spoiled brat like you." He grabbed my hand and pulled the engagement ring off of my finger.

I could feel my legs start to give in. "So what now? You're just going to leave me?" Tears stung my eyes as I looked at him. I was freaking out and losing all hope. "I gave up everything for you! I gave up my life for you! I stopped talking to my friends! My parents spent thousands on this fucking wedding and you're just going to throw it all away?"

He shrugged. "I didn't ask you to. I didn't ask them to. Logan, don't you see? This is all your fault." He sighed. "You can have the apartment. I have to go, I have a plane to catch." He headed towards the front door.

I ran after him and stood in front of the door, blocking it. "You can't leave me!"

He picked up his bag that was sitting near the front door. He already had a bag packed. He was already planning on leaving. He looked down at his watch impatiently. "Logan, I don't have time for this."

I whimpered. "Steven, please don't leave me. I don't know what to do. Please, I'll do anything."

He scrunched his nose up at me in disgust. "Move."

I shook my head and sniffled. Tears were pouring down my face at this point. I didn't want him to leave me and I didn't care how I looked. "No, Steven please..."

He sighed and sat his bag down. "Okay."

My eyes lit up. "Okay?"

He picked me up and moved me from in front of the door. I screamed as he tossed me on to the couch. "Goodbye, Logan."

I sat up, my vision was mostly blurred by tears, but I could see him picking up his bag and leaving. I wailed and punched the couch. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I gasped for air through my tears and let the darkness consume me.