Caught In A Lie

This afternoon was supposed to be good. He had light the candles as always, swallowed Xanax and waited.

Waited for Jimin to come because he always did. For some unknown reason the boy could feel every time he walked inside the church and followed him.

And he did.

He walked inside and sat on his usual spot silently and Yoongi waited for the drug to hit. To mix the pleasant numbness spreading through his body with Jimin’s soft delicate voice.

And it could have been a perfect afternoon but then Seokjin walked in and now it’s awkward.

Yoongi doesn’t need to look back to know Seokjin is sending daggers at Jimin. He is not discreet with his hatred toward the boy.

“Why is he here?” Seokjin finally breaks the silence and Yoongi can feel the judgment in his voice.

Only if he could keep staring at the flames and ignore his question. He hears Jimin shifting on the bench uncomfortably. He has noticed that the boy hates tense atmospheres.

“It’s a public place.”

“And yet no one is allowed here.”

“You’re here.”

“I’m not exactly known for following orders.”

“I-I can leave if you want.” Jimin suggests. The tension feels like a tight rope around his throat.

“Yea, fuck off.” Seokjin says with hostility.

“Stay.” Min says before he gets the chance to even command his body to move. His voice is even lower than Seokjin but more stern, authoritative so Jimin sits still and pliant. Seokjin isn’t pleased.

Yoongi can feel himself getting more numb, slightly dizzy but he stands his ground, staring right back at Seokjin. The tension becomes thick enough for Jimin to feel suffocated and he takes a sharp breath.

“You don’t like me.” It’s not a question. It’s a statement. “Why?” It’s not just to break the silence. He actually feels the urge to talk to Seokjin no matter how intimidating the man is and what better chance than now?

“Do I need a reason to not like you?” Seokjin looks annoyed, looking down at him as if Jimin should not be allowed anywhere near his territory let alone talking to him. And Jimin doesn’t care whether or not a fucking criminal likes him or not. Hell he is a fucking cop, of course it’s an honor to have criminals resenting him. It means he is doing his job well. But right now he is not officer Jimin, he is just a prisoner in desperate needs of getting close to Min and his men. So the prisoner Jimin should care about Seokjin’s feelings and thoughts. He needs him.

“No one hates without a reason, Mr. Kim.” Jimin explains. “It can be as simple as I don’t like your perfume, you’ve got a smug face or I don’t like a way you look at me.” Jin crosses his legs and stare at the boy with interest. He is keeping his eye-contact, orbs not wavering, even his tone is firm. “And don’t tell me it’s because Boss and I talk, because I don’t see you have the same issues with Jungkook. It’s actually quite the opposite, you care about him. Jungkook told me how you hugged him after saving Taehyung. Didn’t leave the kid’s side until your men came.” Yoongi raised a brow at this. Now this is news.