As soon as Chasity turned her attention back to the TV, Yandy gave me a wink and a thumbs up before running into her room and closing the door. What the hell was that about?

I turned my attention back to Chasity and watched as she began flicking through the shows on Netflix with her FireStick remote, her attention fixed on the TV. Awkward silence suffocated the air making me fidget in my seat. Okay this silence is killing me.

I cleared my throat "Uh...nice place you got here" I stated, taking in the environment that I'm in. Her apartment is really nice. Very spacious but not too big. The living room and kitchen are connected, making it one huge room. Her leather couches are very comfortable and her TV is huge, it gotta be at least a 60 inches wide.

She smiled but kept her attention on the TV "Thanks, me and Yandy have been living here for a couple years now" her sweet voice said. Her voice is slightly deeper due to her aging and it sounds sexy as hell on her.

I nodded "That's great. Uh...Sierra told me that you're in school. What are you studying?" I asked, taking my coat off and stuffing it behind my back.

"I want to be a Nurse Practitioner" she beamed "I also work as a administrative assistant for the Magazine company Pillow Talk".

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Wow, Pillow Talk is one of the best selling Magazines of all time. My big sister Taylor reads them all the time and their stories are available both in the paper and online. They're a multi-million dollar company. I'm impressed.

I grinned "Wow Chasity you're doing such big things, I'm very proud of you Brown Sugar" I said enthusiastically. 

When me and Chasity were dating she was a waitress at iHop and she was barley passing high school because of all the crazy things that were going on in her life. I'm so happy to see that she has accomplished so much being that at one point she had hit rock bottom.

She looked over at me, a smirk on her beautiful plumped lips

"I should be saying how proud I am of you Mr Restaurant owner" she said before chuckling.

I smiled "I mean hey, I don't wanna brag but yeah I own a restaurant" I mumbled shyly. I don't like the attention I get from being a restaurant owner sometimes. People treat me like a celebrity when in reality I'm just a regular man that knows how to cook. It's not like I'm Jesus.

She bit her lip, glancing at me then back at the TV. Me knowing her like the back on my hand, I knew that she wanted to ask me something but didn't know if she should or not.

I smirked "What's on your mind Brown Sugar?" I asked, taking another sip of my coffee before sitting the mug carefully onto her expensive looking coffee table.

She sighed "Ty...why did you name your restaurant after me?" she asked, running her fingers over the buttons on the remote absentmindedly. I knew she would ask me that eventually.

I shrugged "Because you were the reason I opened up the restaurant in the first place" I said simply

"After we broke up I had absolutely no desire to be a teacher anymore. I was depressed and unemployed for about 6 months and I had no idea what I wanted to do with myself...until I thought of you. Remember that night at Taylor's baby shower? That night I cooked all that food? You asked me why the hell am I a teacher when I should be a chef...so that's what I became. I took the money that my parents left for me in their will and I brought an abandoned building and transformed it into a restaurant little within 2 years. I hired some waitresses and a cook, I taught him all my recipes and he got it all down packed. Finally all that was left was a name...and it was your idea to begin with so I named it Chassy" I stated, sitting back into the couch.