Chapter 35.3

Eurielle nearly fell over, as every man turned to stare at her. She felt her breath coming out short, and sweat began to drip down her face. Alexander stood in front of her, to hide her reaction from them. "You mistake him for his sister." He said, staring down the man.

Before he can say anything, Sneg threw him back down on the ground. Then he turned to the other soldiers who were watching. "Someone ensure that he's gone by sunrise," he snaps his fingers, "that is an order."

Alexander relaxed, looking over at Eurielle, who was also beginning to calm down. Her face was regaining color, but her eyes still had that look of panic. He knew what would happen if she was found out. And sadly so did she. It was vital that no one else ever discovered this secret, or else her father won't ever know what had happened to his daughter. He'd probably have an idea, but never know the whole truth. Alexander didn't have a father who cared for him like Eurielle's. But he'd keep her safe until the war ended. No matter how long it took.

Vitya turned to his younger brother, his cold eyes sliding over the young scout who looked more shaken up than he should've been. He ignored it though, winning the battle to come was all that mattered. If anyone threatened any of his important assets, it didn't matter who they were, he'd send them to the wall in a heart beat. "Take, Louder and get out of here. I need him in pristine condition if we are going to win." Alexander nodded, grabbing the other scout by the hand, and dragging him away. Vitya eyed the two, it wasn't long before when Alexander hated the mere thought of being near Eric Louder. Yet something had changed between the two of them. Something that he did not expect, a situation like that was completely removed from the equation. Once Vitya made the deduction all he'd get out of the two of them was some half assed team work. And half assed or not they'd be weapons he could use. A smile crept to his lips, it seemed that instead of one weapon, he had gotten two different ones, that could unify. And that was better than he had ever imagined.

Mikey and Rafa followed the other two scouts to Eric's tent. Alexander didn't try to stop them either. Mikey didn't understand why they were both so shaken up about what a random soldier said. Eric wasn't a woman, women weren't allowed to be in the army officially. Doing so could have dire consequences, like death or...other things. Mikey shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking about stuff like that, especially when his friend wasn't feeling well.

Eric has his face in his hands when they arrived. Mikey looked around, and was surprised to see that there was only one bed. That meant he had that space all to himself. Lucky...he thought astonished. Turning to Rafa who had his usual blank look. Eric looked up at them, his face looked worn out, like he had one too many things on his shoulders. His eyes also looked empty, as if he was there physically but not mentally. "Eric..." Mikey said approaching his fellow scout. He placed his hand on his shoulder, giving it a light shake. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Eric turned to him, his eyes regaining some consciousness. "I'll be alright...I was just reminded of some...unpleasant memories, is all." He didn't smile at them like he usually did. He just looked back down at his hands. "That soldier...he had attacked m- I mean my sister...she's a headstrong lady, and wouldn't let someone take away our father." He sighed, running his thin fingers through his growing hair. "He was in the last war, but lost a leg, so we both knew if he went he wouldn't last. My sister tried to step in, and tell the soldier that he couldn't draft our father, but he ended up attacking her, and him. In the end he did get his own ass handed to him though."

He must really care for his sister...Mikey thought. At the same moment, Eurielle was praying that Rafa would believe her story. She knew Mikey was kind of a moron, so he'd believe almost anything that came out of certain people's mouths. However Rafa...he was another story. The man grew up on the mountains, there were always some scheming merchants who traveled through there, so he could probably pick out most lies in an instant. But he didn't say anything, just nodding his understanding towards her.

Before anyone could say anything, the earth began to rumble.

"What was that?" Mikey asked panicked. Alexander gulped, his eyes shining with fear. "That was shock wasn't from beneath the surface...it cake from above ground...likely..." Eurielle turned to him, her panic rising. "You don't mean...?" Alexander nodded, locking eyes with her. "It seems...they have arrived."

The alarm began to sound, outside they heard the thundering feet of the men outside. They were preparing for battle. Suddenly the flap to Eurielle's tent was pulled back, and Adam burst through. "Good you're all here!" He cried breathing a sigh of relief.

Eurielle stood, "what's going on?" Adam took a deep breath, "The Leandrians are here...Captain Haiba is calming for all of you to assemble at his tent," Everyone froze, what Alexander said was just confirmed. It was time for their first battle...Eurielle turned to her fellow scouts. "You heard the man! This is an order let's go!" The men nodded, following her out of the tent, and to the other side of camp to Jumin's tent.

He was bent over his desk, along with the other captains, and the Brigadier General. Sneg turned to them, his face more serious than usual. "This attack is much more larger than we thought. We need one of you to go to fetch the battalion closest to us." He states firmly. "Where are they located?" She asked, "two towns over, in Har. Still within Oceani territory, just not as close to the sea, so it will be safe for whoever goes." Jumin says. Eurielle nods, "what of the rest of us?" She asks, "the rest of you will stay, and fight with the other soldiers. You'll be manning our artillery units. We can't have any of you engaging in close combat unless necessary." Sneg answered.

Eurielle took in the information, who out of all of them was the best at horse riding? The answer was her, but she couldn't leave because she was needed to lead the other scouts. Then who was second best? Eurielle turned to Alexander, who immediately knew what was going on. "No! No! I'm not leaving you all!" He shouted, Eurielle put a hand to his chest. "It's for the best, head to the stables, and request a horse named, Antitroph. He's probably the fastest out of all the horses in those stables. Take him, and deliver our message." She pushes him back gently. "All of our lives depend on it."

Alexander looked like he was on the verge of tears, but he held them back. "That's an order." she added, giving him a gentle smile. Sneg handed him a scroll, with their message written on it. "I'll come back quickly with reinforcements. I promise, so don't die on me, any of you. You got that?" He said everyone nodded, hearts heavy. Alexander ran out of the tent, outside it was bright even though it was already nightfall. Something was burning, it smelled like it too. The remaining scouts turned to the captains at the table. "What's the plan?" Eurielle asked, taking a seat.

Sneg smiled sitting next to her. "I knew you were useful, Louder." He turned to his men, and they began to form a plan to hold off the enemy until help arrived. It wasn't the best, and they didn't know how many of them there were. But if they could survive until more people showed, then they could likely drive off the remaining with sheer numbers. Eurielle took a deep breath, and said a quick prayer to the gods.

She didn't know if that would be her final one or not. But she didn't have time to worry about it, her job was to keep the amount of deaths to a minimum. So that's what she will do.

Forgive me, Father...

End of Season 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...who's excited for the next season? I know I am. For now I will be taking a little break to write for chapters so that I won't leave you guys hanging again! I'm hoping for season four to be the last season in this story. But I'm not too sure where I want to go with the ending just yet. So this break will be filled with story boarding ideas.

I hoped you guys are enjoying my story, make sure to vote and leave a comment and what you think is going to happen next. I really appreciate those of you who left me nice messages for me. They really helped me in getting my momentum back for this story. Please continue to support me in the future. That's all for now!

See you next season!