Chapter 34.3

Eurielle kicked Mikey in the face, knocking him off his feet and into the ground below. She knew it was an immediate K.O but still felt bad. She quickly rushed over to his side, checking him over for the injury she just gave him. "Are you okay?" She asked gently touching his cheek where a bruise was now forming. Mikey nodded grasping his face, "perhaps you should take off your boots?" He said, sitting up. Eurielle sighed looking at the muddy ground with distaste. "I rather not."

Rafa looked at the exchange with a blank expression, reaching over to pick them both up by the collar. He sets them on their feet gently. "Let's rest." He grumbles walking over to one of the tables set up. The two other scouts follow him, Mikey sitting next to Rafa with Eurielle across from them both. "Has everything been alright?" Mikey asked tilting his head to the side. The question took Eurielle by surprise. Was there something wrong? Well yes, but did it show that much? Eurielle's eyes softened, a sad smile creeping it's way to her lips. "I've worried you haven't I? To answer your question, yes something has been wrong. But I don't think I'm in the right state of mind to tell you."

Mikey opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something but Rafa shook his head. Automatically shutting him up. "We understand. Talk to us when you'd like." Rafa said, although his voice was rough. It was spoken with a certain tenderness that nearly sent Eurielle crying. "Thank you..." she choked out. They both smiled, Mikey giving her a pat on the back. "When you're feeling better, let's go back to training yeah?" He asked, Eurielle nodded, wiping away at the tears that threatened to fall down her cheeks. She had been crying too much lately, crying did nothing. Action did everything. With those words in mind Eurielle composed herself, re-laced her boots, and stood up. A determined look in her eyes.

"Best of three?" She asked, Mikey gave her a fierce grin. "Why of course."

Rafa gave them both a look that said they probably shouldn't go back to sparring. "Rafa!" Mikey whined, the mountain man just shook his head. He patted the table signaling he wanted them to stay put. "Dinner is almost ready." He said, fixing Eurielle with a stern stare. "You need to eat. Your face looks hollow." She really couldn't argue with his logic as he was right. Her cheeks had sunk in, and her skin was a sickly pale. She probably looked like she would fall over at any moment. At the same time, Mikey was holding in his laughter. Eurielle gave him a dark look which immediately set him straight.

Rafa shook his head, pulling Mikey by his shirt again. The red head pouted, but didn't say anything. His face stating he had already gotten used to being carried around like a kitten who couldn't behave. Eurielle laughed quietly, following the two, to the makeshift mess hall. As usual the food wasn't exactly extravagant but it was filling in the end.

"I'm glad to see you feeling better," Alexander said beside her, as he sat down. Eurielle smiled gently, taking the last bite out of her food. "Yes...it seemed like I needed an evening where I wasn't thinking." He returned the smile, turning to his food. Mikey looked between the two with a smug grin. "I see you two have hit it off" he said, giving them a shit eating grin. Rafa rolled his eyes, but stayed silent. Eurielle knew that he silently agreed with him.

Alexander clicked his tongue, beginning to get agitated. "I say our relationship just improved a little. There is no need for that stupid look on your face." He huffed, Mikey glared at him, "well I don't see you talking to any of us, like that." The red head, crossed his arms. Alexander also rolled his eyes, "it doesn't mean that much. We just get along better now." Mikey scoffed, "so much better that you act like you care? Something is up with you two!" He cried. Eurielle stifled a laugh. The entire conversation just sounded so ridiculous.

Alexander was about to say something, but the shattering of glass stopped him. They all turned to see one of the soldiers had thrown his cup onto the ground. His face was red, so he was obviously drunk. How he got his hands on alcohol, they did not know. Since it wasn't allowed on the camp, except for special occasions.

Eurielle froze, her eyes wide. She recognized him as the soldier from her tavern. The one that attacked her father. "No..." she whispered, standing. The other scouts gave her a look of confusion.

"You...three have the audacity to laugh...while we are going to be the ones giving up our lives!" He shouted, throwing a fork at them. He misses, but the flatter of the silverware made Eurielle jump. "I bet you guys were the ones who gave up information to that spy..." he hiccuped. "If you killed 'er...then where's the body?"

There were murmurs. All the men around her, were giving them questionable looks. Eurielle opened her mouth, but Alexander put a hand on her shoulder, and shook his head. "We did not need to bring back a body. Our word is enough." The soldier laughed, knocking over his mug of booze. He staggered towards Alexander, getting up in his face. "Oh suree, because you're a Sneg. Your word triumphs all!" With that he spit in Alexander's face.

Alexander raised his fist, but was stopped by Rafa. The soldier grinned then turned towards Eurielle. "Eh? I know you..." he slurred. Creeping closer towards her. Eurielle closed her eyes, praying, hoping, that he wouldn't recognize her, that he was too drunk to properly remember anything.

The sound of bones cracking echoed through the air. Eurielle, opened her eyes to see the soldier on the floor, clutching his nose and screaming. "That is enough. You have caused enough problems for me." All men fell into line, saluting the silver haired man in front of them. Sneg turned towards Eurielle, then looked away to grab the soldier by the shirt. "I have gave you warning upon warning. And you always seem to throw them right back at me." He sneered. The soldier said nothing, tears falling from his eyes, and blood dripping from his nose. "Assaulting a scout, is the last thing you will ever do. Pack your things. You are no longer a soldier of my battalion. You're being demoted to the eastern wall."

There were gasps, then murmurs. Eurielle gave Alexander a questioning look. Of course, he knew exactly what she was asking. "The eastern wall...is an impenetrable fortress along the coast line there. It's ridiculously cold, and is usually subjected to many floods, and typhoons. The such," he shrugged, "demoted soldiers are sent there, as well as many types of criminals." Eurielle cringed inwardly. She couldn't imagine being subjected to a place like that. Just how many warnings did that soldier receive? And to be sent there of all places...she almost felt pity for the man. But some part of her felt satisfied, that he finally got what he deserved.

The soldier looks towards her, and said "I remember now, you were that woman from the tavern."