Chapter 19.2

The stream was quiet, there weren't any signs of people being there, except for the traces of animal life, but that was really it. No foot prints, no covered up fires. Nothing..

"Have you found anything?" Eurielle calls to Alexander who decided to go deeper to see if there was any traces. She hears the rustling of leaves and branches, and out he emerges. Shaking his head, "nothing, if they were here, they covered up their traces nicely, too nicely," he pauses looking to their east side. "If I'm correct, there should've been a village a mile or two away east from here..it's a rural area, if they were attacked, no one would know."

Eurielle knew what he was saying. If there even a silver of a chance that there was evidence, even if they were throwing themselves into harms way. They had to obtain it and quickly report back. Even if it meant leaving one of them behind. She shivered at the thought, she hated the thought of leaving a comrade behind more than the idea of hurting another. However in her opinion they were both equally horrible. But that was the life she had chosen.

They pick up their bags, and begin heading east. The entire walk was awkward, they wouldn't say a word to each other, and that just made it even more longer. At some point Eurielle began to grow tired of it, and tried to initiate conversation. However Alexander was never a social type, even when they were with Mikey and Rafa. So her attempts were always in vain. However it wasn't until they nearly reached their destination that Alexander had a change of heart.

"How was it like?" Eurielle looked at him quizzically, "How was what?" She asked. Alexander turned his head, admiring the scenery around them, "You know..growing up, in the mist.." even if he was turned away from her, Eurielle could tell he was flustered. Since the tips of his ears were bright red. She also knew his social skills were absolutely horrendous, but she didn't think they were that bad. "Hmm, well I wouldn't say it was too bad. When I was young I would often forget my lantern, and get lost. Haha, but my mother would always find me, truly it didn't matter where I was" She laughed. "I never really got to know my mother" Alexander replied, Eurielle's smile fades.

"Ah..I'm sorry to hear that.." she lamented, Eurielle knew he was from a noble military family, but that was it really. "What about your other family? Were you close with them?" Alexander nods a small smile forming on his lips. "Yes..my older brother, you've already met him" Eurielle's mind goes back to the handsome Brigadier General. "Ah yes, he's actually quite scary.." she mumbled. Alexander laughs, it was a soft one, like he really didn't know how to laugh but it was cute nonetheless. "He's nothing like that I assure you, when we were young he was quite caring, and very soft hearted. Our older sister was absolutely ruthless, she'd constantly beat him in sword fighting. Every time he got wacked too hard he'd start crying" he laughed. Eurielle's heat fluttered seeing the normally emotionless boy emit so much emotion. She had always thought he was attractive however, he seemed especially more so at that moment. "What happened to him?" She questioned, nearly tripping over a stray tree root. He catches her, making the beautiful girl blush. Ensuring she was steadily on her feet before answering.

"Well our sister died in the last war-" she gasped, holding both of her small hands to her mouth. Silver eyes wide, realizing the boundary she had crossed. "I-I'm so sorry.." she blubbered. He waved her off, "it's fine..it's water under the bridge now. However after her death, my brother was to become the head of the family, it put a lot of stress on him, and he sooner or later realized having a porcelain heart was not a choice anymore" he bellowed. Eurielle looked down at her boots. She had never meant to ask such a personal question, it just came out. She began to regret it, and it obviously showed on her face. Alexander noticed this, and began to wave his hands frantically, "it's alright! I-I'm fine talking about it! S-See? I'm fine!"

Eurielle couldn't help but giggle at the blundering mess he had become.

Alexander froze, realizing he had just made Eric laugh. His laugh was quite girlish, but pretty. It fit him absolutely perfectly. His face grew red once more, he had to turn away from the sight, it was much too bright for him. Alexander's mind began to wander, wondering how his face would look as he kissed softly down his neck, or down to-Alexander mentally slapped himself. No..no..stop thinking about that! You're not some kind of animal!

Alexander thanked whatever god was out there for not allowing humans to hear each other's thoughts. Eric would've ran for the hills by now if that was possible. He mentally sighs, pulling back a stray branch for him to duck under. He winces at the sudden amount of sunlight, that immediately follows. "Dammit" he curses, looking out into the open fields beyond. There wasn't destroyed homes, no bodies strewn everywhere, no livestock taken.

The village was in one piece.

Beside him Eurielle sighs in relief. "I'm glad they're all okay" she says, Alexander nods as they exit the woods. A young man who was plowing the fields spots them, notching their uniforms he runs over quickly. "Is there something you need soldiers?" He asks, giving them a once over. Alexander started down the young man, who was shorter than him, only being able to reach to below his shoulders. "We were sent by our battalion to excavate the surrounding area, that is all." His dark orbs survey the area, drinking all, and every necessary detail. The young man rubs the back of his head, "I see, well you're free to look around. Just don't scare the folks out here alright?"

The two scouts give him a curt nod, the young man then quickly sends them on their way. "That was easier than expected.." Says Eurielle as they make their way into the village. Alexander nods, "yes, I expected some resistance. It's normal, civil unrest is caused just by the sight of us passing by" he replies. Eurielle huffs, looking around the food stalls that were posted. A few village girls stare at her, and giggle when they realize she was looking at them. The young scout blushes, and immediately turns away.

"I don't think we'll be able to cover enough ground if we stay together, let's split up and meet back at the square at noon. Alright?" Alexander turns to Eurielle for confirmation, to which she only nods meekly to. They split up, and continued their search, Eurielle would often get stopped by a young girl, or an old woman asking if she was single. Eurielle would just freeze up, and stutter out an answer before continuing on. Alexander didn't have much ease either, crowds of young girls would swarm him, asking if they could touch his hair, or other useless questions. By the time noon came, Eurielle was sitting at the edge of a fountain patiently waiting for Alexander, but instead saw him running past her. She stood up to go after him when a large group of girls ran past her as well. "Oh dear.." she shuddered. They looked angry.

Eurielle immediately sat back down, "I'll just wait.."