Chapter 26.3

The Haven battle ship was silent, the goddess of the night had wrapped her lovely arms around the world hours ago. Most of the crew had fallen asleep, but there were still few who remained awake into the lonely night. Most of them were men of the watch, making their rounds before trading off. The orange lanterns that were lit had burned out already, making it hard for Kane, who was one of those souls still awake. Opting to go over his battle plans that he will discuss with his second and third in commands in the morning. The ship reeked of the dead and dying, three weeks ago, and it still stunk. Even with all of the bodies now disposed of.

At this point, Kane felt as if he'd go insane, for the reek and other reasons. One being the war his country was fighting in, was it really worth it? He found glory in battle just as much as the next person. However the reason for the bloodshed was...off. He felt as going across the sea to gain, territory, was by far one of the most inferior reasons he'd ever heard of. Who would in their right mind want territory this far away from Leandra? So far away from the blessings of their goddess. It didn't add up in his mind, and Kane was willing to bet his long blonde hair that foul play was involved. Especially when the rulers of Haven never did anything to offend their leaders. He put a large sun kissed hand to his chin. His loyalty to the empire wasn't faltering, that much he knew. What he did know was that he didn't see a point in the war. Why lose so many precious assets? Just what were the leaders on Leandra planning?

Kane being so caught up in his thoughts didn't notice when someone knocked sternly at his door. Not until it opened, and on reflex he threw a dagger at the supposed intruder. "I would rather you don't try to kill me tonight, sir." Kane closed his eyes and chuckled, feeling arms wrap around him. "I have news, sir" came a seductive whisper in his ear. It sent delectable shivers down his spine. "Can it wait, Gavin?" He asked, finding himself turning to the playful green eyed male. Gavin sat himself in Kane's lap, opting to play with his hair. Kane's blue eyes raked down his body, the brunette was wearing a white sheer robe that showed off his delectable body. A common look for lovers in the bedroom. He ran a hand down his chest, and over his back. Giving an appreciative squeeze to his ass. Kane began to grow hungry, however not for food. "Perhaps, however it involves a little birdie we sent away..." he leaned in to kiss Kane's neck, drawing out a small moan from the blonde. He responded by running a hand through Gavin's shoulder length brown hair, and giving it a small tug, gentle enough it wouldn't hurt, but hard enough to tear his mouth off his neck with a wet 'pop.'

Gavin gave Kane a wicked smile, tracing patterns on his muscular chest. "Well? Do you want to hear it?" He asked, tilting his head, and exposing his neck to the blonde. Kane realized what he was doing, he was toying with him, the news he brought must've not been so good then...but two can play at that game. Kane leaned down to kiss his neck, and run his hands down his chest again.  "Speak" he growled, Gavin squirmed in his lap, forcing Kane to grab his hips to make him stay still. "Feisty aren't you?" Gavin moaned when Kane licked at a certain spot, making him reach up to grab at his broad shoulders. "I won't say it again, speak." The brunette chuckled lowly, loving his partners dominance that night and laying his head on his lovers shoulder. "It seems our mole has been caught."

Kane's eyes widened, he pushed Gavin off of him, and onto the floor the  stood up quickly. "What?" He demanded. Gavin sighed grabbing the ends of his shoulder length hair. "I was hoping to break this news after, but yes..." his usual playful green eyes turned serious. "She was caught, and then put down, like a dog" he spoke slowly. "Do we know who did it?" Gavin gave Kane a look that asked if he really wanted to know. Kane nodded, sitting down once again. Gavin sighed putting a hand to his cheek.

"It was the head scout. Eric Louder."

Kane's head snapped up, "the woman? You mean to tell me a woman with no previous battle experience took out one of our best assets?!" He bellowed, slamming his fist against his desk. Gavin didn't even flinch, he was used to episodes like these from his lover, and leader. "Yes, I do." Kane put his head in his hands, "God's dammit all. We lost a perfectly capable soldier. May the goddess lay her soul to rest" he prayed. Gavin lowered his head in prayer as well. They stayed silent like that for a moment, praying and giving respects to a fellow soldier and friend. Whose soul has now gone back to their goddess's embrace. "There is...more.." Gavin whispered, Kane was silent for a moment, debating if he should listen and sour his own mood. Finally he closed his eyes, and sighed deeply through his nose. "It can wait" he turned towards Gavin. Reaching out to grab his chin, and pull his face closer. "Take it off."

Gavin was surprised for a moment, then gave Kane his signature devilish grin. Teasingly reaching up to pull at one side of his robe. He pulled it down revealing his shoulder and nipple. "Only if you go first" he whispered hotly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I know it was a bit of a short chapter, but bear with me, and believe me when I say. Everyone back at Haven are going to need these two lovable idiots. Anyways i hope you guys are enjoying season three so far, I'm not sure if it'll be the last installment but we'll have to wait and see how much of the plot I can cram into this lol.

In the mean time if you're waiting for this story to update you can check out my other works!

- Where the Wild Ones Roam- Updates every Sunday
- Stargazers- Unpublished But is being rewritten and hopefully should be back by the end of July.

Also the first twelve chapter of this book are being edited on, I only have until four done but I should be hopefully done with them by the end of this month or the middle of July! So look forward to these newly edited chapters that make more sense:)

Until next time readers!