My eyes meet Prince Thomas' across the room and he's giving me a confused look. I was just as confused after that conversation with Prince Archie.

"Wonderful, marvellous, what an amazing pair you make." Apollo called across the room with a jolly laugh, applauding loudly.

I moved with Prince Archie from the center of the room, glad to be out of the spotlight.

Apollo is quick to pull another pair out, Harriet and Edward, to show us the waltz.

"It seems there's plenty of other ladies for you to be friends with your highness, but I for one am not interested."

I glance up to gage his reaction and Archie is raising an eyebrow at me with a surprised look.

He doesn't say anything more though.

I switch my focus back to the dance in front of me. Prince Edward seems confident while he tries to cover up Harriets mistakes that has her almost tripping.

Once there dance was finished they got a round of applause before they joined the crowd once more.

"Ok everyone, let's have ladies across this line and their partners on this line." Apollo instructed, pointing to markings on the floor.

We all shuffled around and I moved so that I was facing Prince Archie once more.

Archie shot me a wink, before Apollo walked through the centre of the two lines, glancing at each pair.

As the short, intimidating man met my eye I was quick to look away and he moved on.

Once Apollo reached the end of the line he told us we would be moving between partners around the room.

We began when the music played by curtsying to our partner before stepping forward to meet each other in the center.

Our rights hands met in the middle as we pressed our palms together for the dance while our left hand remained behind our back.
It was one of my favourite types of dancing.

We did a circle around each other where I avoided meeting Archie's eyes but felt his gaze lingering on me before we switched directions.

Another circle resulted in a series of turns that led us to our next partners.
I came face to face with that guard that had requested a dance from me earlier and I instantly felt awkward.

He had cropped black hair and was in the standard dark blue guard uniform, gold buttons down each sleeve.

As we stepped in I whispered an apology, "I'm sorry about before." But then we stepped out and he didn't get to say anything back.

As we rounded again and stepped together once more he said, "That's ok, I wasn't aware you already had a partner."

"I didn't." I say bluntly, glaring at Archie who was dancing a step away with Daisy, and the guard grinned like he might laugh.

We turned again, switching partners, and I ended up being with another guard. This one was shorter, my height, with sandy blonde hair that was short and curly. He gave me a curt look, reserving any clear emotions.

"Stop!"

Apollo was yelling now, gaining everyone's attention as he pointed to Genevieve, "You cannot do it right. You are stepping on his toes!"

Genevieve looked horrified and shrunk back, afraid of the man in the beret as he yelled.

Clearly the guards had been taught to dance before, but us selected girls hadn't, so it was still a learning experience.

"Officer Franks, take a moment separately to get her caught up, I cannot have her making a fool of herself any longer in my class." Apollo said, pointing to the corner of the room before putting a hand defeatedly on his forehead.

Genevieve and the guard she had been dancing with moved aside, Genevieve's frown across her face clear.

"She's not the only one doing badly! Girls come here." Apollo said and I was quick to move over towards him.

He picked out Harriet, Lola, Yasmin and Stella from the crowd, moving them all over towards where Genevieve stood.
"You all need more practise, I cannot have you attend any royal events and doing what you just showed me." He said as he back was towards me.

The rest of us girls, Hadley, Olive, Lexi, Daisy, Natasha and I all stood and waited while Apollo instructed the other girls and their partners.

Once he returned he put his smile back on, "Now you ladies know how to dance, which is excellent. I am going to teach you one of the traditional royal dances, not complicated but certainly not for beginners." He said clapping his hands.

"Find a partner and take the floor." The instructor said with an impatient tap of his foot.
Thankfully Prince Archie was a with Natasha and wasn't in my group anymore.

"Bells."

I turned with a smile already on my face to see Prince Thomas offering his hand. I nodded and placed my hand in his, the silk from my glove gently touching his skin.
It was a comfort to look up into his mesmerising green eyes and forget about where you were for a moment.

But I couldn't forget when I was for long since Apollo was keen on yelling, "Begin with a greeting."

We curtsied or bowed to our partner and Thomas gave me a warm smile, "Did you receive my gift this morning?"

"Yes, I was very grateful." I say with a pleased smile and the prince grins proudly.

Apollo continued calling out instructions, "Now, this is similar to the previous waltz but more movements. The males should know this off by heart so just follow their lead."

I ignored most of what Apollo said after that, only watching Thomas as he guided me slowly. He put my hand on his shoulder, then did the same by placing his hand on mine.

After only the first few steps I began to enjoy the dance and twirled out and in with a smile. Thomas always met my eyes as we spun, and I loved how safe I natural it felt to be dancing in his arms.

I was still trying to get a grip on the turns while in heels underneath this layered dress, but at least I hadn't fallen on my face yet.

"Excellent, now finishing pose." Apollo called out.

I glanced at Thomas with a half scared half curious glance and he just whispered trust me.

I didn't know what he planned to do, but we increased speed.
Thomas spun me fast then stopped, dipping me so far out I thought I would hit the floor.
But he held onto me tight and didn't loosen his grip one inch, in fact I felt it tighten as he pulled me up into his arms.

"Wow, Tom, you can dance." I whisper and he just played it off. I laughed and he hugged me for a second.

"Well done everyone, and I see there was some improvement over there," He instructor said as he glanced to the couples in the back corner, "But I'll see you all again before the winter festival hopefully."

With that the class was dismissed and I was off to get ready for my date.