Chapter Eleven

She finds herself in a small town. A sheriff brings her into a hospital. He looks up her prints and finds her information.

She was presumed dead 6 months ago. He feels bad for this poor woman no one even tried to look for her and her baby. He lost his wife a few years ago to a tumor. For some reason, he feels responsible. She looks at the little Jane Doe. The woman's daughter. He thinks about how pretty she is and how strong her mom is for finding a way out of being trafficked and sold. He found a high price tag on both of them. She stole from a local store to feed her. And then she tried to run, but exhaustion took over and she passed out.

She stirs in her sleep, bruises and cuts cover her body. He found her best friend and he is on the way.

Maybe he is the father...he thinks to himself looking at a woman who has not seen peace for a long while. She turns to him her eyes wide.

"Where is my baby?" She attempts to growl out at the strange man.

"She is getting checked out. She was malnourished." She then growls at him.

"Thanks." She rolls over and off the bed with a screech and he helps her up.

"You should rest." He puts her back.

"Eat." She performs as told.

But then she hears her mate scream for her.

"Hailey!!!!!" He screams and she shakes. Her body shivering at his voice. He trapped her once. Not again.