I grabbed my cellphone and called to thank him.

I got his voicemail.

"No answer?" Phoenix asked.

"No answer." I pouted.

Stefano then checked his watch. "Probably in a meeting with his phone off. He'll call you back when it's over."

"Probably." I sighed.

The three of us relaxed on the couch to watch a movie and I soon drifted off to sleep, all while worrying about my husband who was an ocean away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Stefano's POV)

Phoenix carefully carried Jules upstairs and laid her in bed. While he did that, I plugged her phone in on the nightstand.

"That's odd." I mumbled.

"What?" Nix whispered.

"He never called back."

"That is odd."

We got back to the guest house, where we have taken residence, just in time for my phone to ring.

"Hello."

"Stef," Antonio said.

"Hey, Ant. What's up?"

"Lady Boss around?"

"She's asleep in bed. What's up?"

"We got a problem."

"What's wrong?"

"Boss is gone."

My blood ran cold.

"What do you mean gone?" I asked causing Nix to perk up.

"Gone. Gio too. Plus the others."

I put my phone on speaker and laid it on the table.

"Tell us everything. Start from the beginning."

"We were supposed to meet with Russo and his men. Supposed to talk about some business."

"That's why Boss took the top guys and Gio. Russo and his men are...unstable and untrustworthy."

"Exactly. Anyway, Boss sent Ricci and me to run an errand. When we got back.... we got back..."

"What? Spit it out?"

"Everyone was gone."

"Define gone." Nix said. "There are two types of gone. One is when you're no longer breathing and the other is when you've disappeared. Which one are you talking about?"

"Disappeared."

"Nothing was left? They just disappeared?"

"Blood. There was a lot of blood. Some of Ricci's men were there but they were all dead."

"No sign of Boss or Gio at all?"

"Just....just blood. Lots of blood."

"The rest of our guys?"

"They're gone as well. Amaro and Bruno were dead when we arrived. Shot multiple times."

"Shit." I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"What do we do now? Ricci and I are at a lost. We don't know what to do. If Boss is gone and Gio is gone then who is in charge? The twins?"

"The twins are...unreachable at the moment. They've taken some grand vacation where there's no cell service." Nix said.

"So, no twins and no Gio and no Boss. We call Nikolay?"

"He's got his own shit."

"So what now?" Antonio asked just as there was a knock on our door.

Nix ran to open it.

It was Jules.

"Vince still hasn't called or texted me. I'm worried." She said.

Nix and I looked at each other.

"What? What is it?" Jules asked, before she looked at my phone. "Who's on the phone?"

"It....It's me." Antonio said.

"Ant? Where's Vince? What's going on?"

"I...."

"Don't say a word, Antonio." I warned.

"Antonio, tell me. Now."

"Ma'am,"

"That's an order, Antonio." Jules practically growled.

So he told her everything. We could see her start to panic, but she quickly calmed herself.

"Jules?" Nix said cautiously, placing a hand on her shoulder.

In the next instant, everything changed.

She changed.

"Antonio, take Ricci and go to the nearest safe house. Don't say anything to anyone. Don't do anything. Go there and sit. Understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Jules, what are you...?"

"Stefano, get the jet ready."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to Italy to find my husband."

"Jules, Boss...."

"Vince is gone and so is Gio. The twins are unreachable and Nikolay has his own stuff to do. That makes me the Boss now. You do as I say. Got it?"

Nix and I exchanged looks. 

"Your word is our command." Nix and I said at the same time.

And just like that, the largest and most dangerous mafia in the world was being run by the most dangerous piece of the board.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Mic drop. 🎤