Round 13, Part 5

Oatstrike growled as she was exiled, tail lashing. Honeyshine tensed up, afraid that her daughter would attack one of them. Oatstrike noticed, and only narrowed her eyes.

"That's it, then. You're all terrified of me. Fine, I'll leave. But even if you get rid of the murderers, you won't get the utopia you're hoping for. Violence is power, as two of you seem to have figured out. There will always be some form of kittypets, no matter how hard you try. And I won't try to stop them," she swore. Mousepaw drew back, hiding behind Sheepwatcher and Almondfall, her last remaining relatives. Oatstrike scoffed, then turned around, and padded out of the barn with her head held high.

"I really hope that we were right on this one," Cherrypool muttered to Bullheart. The ginger tom stared at the barn exit that Oatstrike had left through, and sighed.

"Even if we were, what good does it do? We know she wasn't working alone. Another cat will still die today," he replied. Cherrypool brushed up against his fur comfortingly, but she knew that Bullheart had a point. They had only exiled one cat. Someone else would die.

That night, the murderers went their separate ways, heading for their new targets. One went toward Honeyshine's nest, while the other went toward Sheepwatcher's.

The first murderer crept up to the sleeping she-cat, and silently placed their paw over her muzzle to prevent any noise. Honeyshine's eyes shot open, and she began to struggle. However, the murderer held her down to keep her still, and soon, she wasn't moving at all. They muttered a few words, and, job done, took Honeyshine out of the barn.

Meanwhile, the second murderer crept up to Sheepwatcher's nest. The fluffy, grey and white tom was sound asleep, snoring quietly. He didn't even notice as the murderer stuffed moss into his mouth to silence him, then grabbed him by the back of the neck and dragged him away.

That morning, Peartail awoke next to Honeyshine, her closest thing to a living relative. At least, she woke up next to where Honeyshine should have been. The she-cat was missing. Peartail immediately knew what had happened.

"Honeyshine is gone!" the black and white she-cat yowled. Goatleap, who was nearby, immediately shot up at the sound of Peartail's voice. The rest of the clan began to wake up as well, but she was the first to notice someone else was missing.

"So is Sheepwatcher," she mewed quietly, looking at the old tom's empty nest. The drowsy Mousepaw wailed, as she realized that another member of her family had died.

Almondfall, her uncle, wrapped his tail around her comfortingly, and shook his head. "Why do they keep doing this! Mousepaw loses another family member each night!" he yowled at the ceiling.

The small apprentice looked fearfully at Almondfall, her last remaining relative. Her body shook with fear. "Does that mean that you're next, Almondfall? Or that I am?" she asked. Almondfall didn't know how to respond. He just looked down at his paws, and didn't say anything.

"Can we just vote, please?" Plumsong mewed wearily. The cats nodded in reply. They had to get rid of the murderers, before there was no FarmClan left.

Murdered: Honeyshine, Sheepwatcher
Healed: Bullheart
Accused: No one
Revealed: No one
Revived: No one
Murderers Left: 2