Round 1, Scene 5

Finchwing counted the tails, then looked at Patchpelt coldly. "This is it, Patchpelt. Get out. I mean it. Go!" She swiped at the black and white tom, making him back away. He looked around at the angry cats, before turning and sprinting out of camp. The rest of the clan cheered, thinking that they had gotten rid of the murderer. But they were wrong. There was more to come.

Finchwing crept through the ferns, eyes focused on the mouse in front of her. Flamepool had led a hunting patrol, taking her and Brambleshade. The three cats had split up to look for food, all hesitant to be around the rest of the clan. Suddenly, as she was about to pounce, a stick cracked and the mouse ran off. She whirled around, ready to angrily chide the cat who had made her lose her catch. But suddenly, the murderer leapt, claws outstretched.
"FLAMEPOOL!" Finchwing cried, as her throat was slashed by the murderer's claws. The cat, having finished with their task, left the crime scene. They would hate to lose this battle just because they stayed to gloat.

Brambleshade and Flamepool padded into camp, carrying Finchwing's body between them. Their heads were hung low, as they set her body in the middle of camp.
"Oh no . . . I thought it was Patchpelt . . . I voted for him to be exiled . . . " Dovecloud whispered, horrified. Antpaw padded up to his mentor, sniffling.
"Why? Why is the murderer doing this to us?" he cried, collapsing next to Finchwing's body. Brambleshade turned to Flamepool, angry.
"The murderer? You mean Flamepool! She called your name when she died!" the brown tom exclaimed. Flamepool shook his head, standing still.
"She was calling for help!" he defended, meeting the tom's gaze, "I was closest to her! She wanted me to come save her!"
"Aha!" Brambleshade cried, hackles raising, "You admit it! You were the closest! Flamepool is the murderer!"
"It's Flamestar to you!" the ginger tom spat, towering over Finchwing's brother, "You want a trial? Fine! But I'm bringing back Patchpelt to vote! He'll know I'm the leader, too!" Antpaw looked up at his father, shocked.
"You're the leader? Really?" he asked, eyes wide. Flamestar nodded, looking down at his son.
"Yes, I am. And Finchwing was my deputy. But I won't appoint a new one until this murderer is caught. I will, however, give you a new mentor," he mewed. He turned to Brambleshade, glaring. "As much as I hate to admit it, you were a good mentor to Sorrelpaw. Plus, Dovecloud will be forced to move into the nursery soon. You will be Antpaw's mentor, Brambleshade". Then Flamestar padded off into the woods, head held high. "I'm going to find Patchpelt now. Be prepared to vote when we get back".

Murdered: Finchwing
Healed: Flamestar
Accused: Flamestar
Returned: Patchpelt
Revived: No one