Round 9, Part 4

Hyena growled, frustrated, when almost the entire tribe voted her guilty. "I tried my best, my love, I really did. I have no idea how or why they discovered me" Stone, Gazelle, and Fang looked at her in horror, while Flower stepped forward.

"You're the murderer? How could you!" she squeaked angrily. She lunged toward her mentor, trying to attack with her small claws, but Frond held her back. "You killed my father!"

Dune tried to rush Hyena, hissing. "You killed my sister, and my sons! I'll kill you for this!" Scorpion stepped in front of her, blocking her chance to kill Hyena.

"Don't do this, Dune. You don't want that on your conscience," he mewed quietly. Dune snarled at Hyena.

"Oh yes, I do" She pushed past Scorpion, and tackled Hyena, claws bared. Stone pulled his kits away as the furious hero quickly took down their mother, a murderer. Hyena stood no chance. Not against Dune.

None of the cats mentioned Hyena's execution after that. They just went to sleep, exhausted, without considering who might die next.

In the to-be den, Fang was the last to fall asleep. Gazelle, Frond, and Flower were all sleeping soundly, while he was wide awake. That was why, when a cat came to the entrance, he immediately perked up.

"Psst, Fang, I need to talk to you," they whispered. They flicked their tail towards the moonlit camp. "I think I found a clue, but I can't reach it. It's in a crack in the stone. Maybe you could?" Fang nodded, and followed them out.

He crouched over the crack in the rock, where the supposed clue should have been located. "I don't see anything, are you sure?" Then he felt a sharp pain in the back of his neck, and fell to the ground, paralyzed.

The murderer flipped him over, and sneered down at him. Fang couldn't even speak. His breathing slowly became shallower. "This is where you die, Fang. Looking at you reminds me of her. I just can't handle it" Fang closed his eyes, and embraced the darkness.

The next morning, Lizard and Burrow left their den to get an early meal together. Lizard stopped in his tracks when he saw Fang's body, and Burrow cried out in shock.

This woke the rest of the cats in the tribe, who soon came out of their dens. A somber mood drifted over them, at the death of one of the youngest members of the tribe.

"This is unacceptable! The murder of a to-be? Who would do this?" Bush demanded, looking around angrily. Other cats did as well. A disliked cat like Hive was one thing, but a to-be like Fang . . . the murderer had no morals.

"Well, we need to accuse someone!" Falcon declared. The other cats nodded in agreement. They had only gotten one murderer, after all.

"We need to work together, like yesterday. If we all look for clues, we can find the murderer!" Shadow yowled. The tribe loudly voiced their agreement. It was time to vote.

Murdered: Fang
Healed: No one
Accused: No one
Revealed: No one
Revived: No one
Murderers Left: 1