Round 12, Part 6

Gust's eyes teared up, her ears slowly flattening as not a single cat raised their voice in her defense- not her mate, her mother-in-law, or even her blood family. "I'm going to find Horizon and Fall." She declared, head hanging low. "Best of luck in catching the murderer."

The cheetah turned tail and ran out of camp, sobbing. If it wasn't her, she had a fairly good idea on who it was. Gust didn't want to be around for when Flight's claws found their way into the murderer's throat.

She growled under her breath, in a wordless rumble of rage. The bloodshed would end for today. Time was needed to make a plan.

The day passed on, and then another day. It seemed the murderer was Gust, and with her gone, there was no reason to worry anymore. The tribe relaxed, started to rebuild. A full week went by, and no blood wad drawn. It pushed a moon, and things were almost back to the way they were before.

Rumble had drawn up his courage to finally ask Flight to take a walk with him. She was still grieving over Float, and he wanted to lift the burden from her shoulders for a day, maybe brighten her up a little. Roll, who she had essentially became the mother of, could survive without her for a day.

Gathering up his resolve one last time, Rumble padded back into camp to look for her. In the absence of Path and Lunge, Flight had begun directing the tribe, so Rumble found her in front of the rest of the survivors, telling Stride to take out Prance and Roll, in order to have them practice their stamina. Rumble respectfully waited until the trio had bounded off, before padding up to her. He was extremely nervous, but forged on just the same. "Hey, Flight?" The male asked, his tail flicking from side to side, the only expression of his nervous energy he permitted himself.

The female glanced up to him, her head slightly tilting to one side. "Yes, Rumble?" She inquired, a faint flicker of confusion crossing her gaze. Rumble forged on, asking timidly, "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to take a walk with me?"

Flight rapidly nodded, meowing casually, "That's a great idea, we can patrol the southern border. Do you mind waiting for me? I just need to find some cats to take the northern border."

Rumble quickly stammered his agreement, before turning tail to run right back out of camp. From the cover of one of the baobab trees, she lay in wait. The moment he bounded out, she tripped him, dragged him behind her tree, and killed him with a quick snap of the neck. Then, she returned back to camp, grinning.

Oh, how wonderful it would be to see their shocked faces!

And how shocked the Tribe was. Flight was the cat to stumble across his body, having just asked Chase to check the northern border. She was the only other remaining warrior, anyways, so she didn't have much of a choice. Bellow and Thunder were going to guard the camp. The moment Flight found Rumble's body, a growl of rage rumbled from her throat, then burst into a howling sound of grief. She stormed back into camp, glaring down the last two cats. "Which one of you did this?!"

Murdered: Rumble
Healed: No one
Accused: No one
Revealed: No one
Revived: No one
Murderers Left: 1