Round 2, Part 6

Kestrelstorm stepped up in Darkblaze's face, furious. She had lost too many family members to the murderer, who could very well be Darkblaze.

"Don't even say it, Kestrelstorm," Darkblaze hissed, unsheathing her claws. The she-cat looked like some sort of demon, eyes practically glowing with anger.

"You are the murderer!" Hollysong cried, stepping away from the black and white cat and closer to Stormwhisker. Darkblaze gave her a cruel grin, then turned back to Kestrelstorm.

"Yes, I am the murderer. Who else could defeat Lynxtail and Doestar? Do you want to know why? I should have been leader! Not Doestar, me!" she told the clan.

"No, because Doestar would never have done this," Leafheart spat. Darkblaze's eyes turned cold, and she stopped all movement.

"Well, I'm not going down without a fight. I'm not the best fighter for nothing!" she screeched. She leapt at Kestrelstorm, claws outstretched.

"No!" Brightfall yowled, as she leapt in front of her sister. The cats didn't have time to react, as Darkblaze's claws slashed down across the she-cat.

"That's it! Forget exiling, your dead!" Kestrelstorm yowled, leaping on Darkblaze to avenge Brightfall. The other cats who had been affected did as well, and Darkblaze fell to the ground, dead. They didn't know who had struck the killing blow.

"I s-saved Brightfall," Foxwish announced, when they all turned back to mourn the she-cat. "I'm the m-medicine cat apprentice. It wasn't that severe, but she hit her head when she fell. She needs rest".

"We'll take her to the den," Stormwhisker offered, nudging Hollysong. The two cats carried her out of the snow, then Larktuft cleared her throat.

"Now that this crisis is over, we need to get started. Kestrelstorm, you need to be taken to get your nine lives. Who would you like to appoint as deputy?" the calico medicine cat asked. Kestrelstorm thought for a bit, then nodded.

"I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of SnowClan is Leafheart," the leader replied, voice strong. Leafheart dipped her head with respect, then met Kestrelstorm's gaze.

"We must go to the Mooncave now. There's no time to waste," Larktuft mewed. She ducked into her den, then came out with bundles of herbs. She and Kestrelstorm ate some, then immediately headed out of camp.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kestrelstorm opened her eyes, immediately noticing the cats around her. They were slightly faded, with silver specks in their fur. It was StarClan.

"Welcome, Kestrelstorm. I was glad to see that the clan defeated Darkblaze, even though so many had to die for it to be possible," a calico she-cat mewed. Kestrelstorm's eyes widened, recognizing her mother.

"Berryface?" she asked, padding closer. The she-cat nodded, approaching slowly. She touched her nose to the top of her daughter's head,

"With this life, I give you forgiveness. Use it well, for when all that is needed is a second chance," Berryface murmured. Kestrelstorm tensed up, as an electric shock went through her body. Her mother then backed away, and another cat took her place.

"Stonefang?" Kestrelstorm asked her father, eyes wide. He had died when Brightfall was still a kit, from greencough. He looked healthy now. The grey tom nodded, then pressed his nose to her head.

"With this life, I give you judgement. Use it well, and know that fighting is not always the answer," he told her. She let out a gasp, as the air was pulled from her lungs. After a few moments, it returned, and Stonefang backed away. A small kit took his place, dark brown pelt the same as her father's.