Xxiii. Quick Meet Up

Start from the beginning

"Kinsa? (Sino?)" Digong asked and turned to the door.

She flashed a bright humble smile, "good afternoon mayor." She greeted and shook her hand. "Good afternoon ma'am Leni." Sara replied, bothered to witness her father and Leni meet once again.

"Good afternoon sir." She greeted respectfully and extended her hand for a shake. He stood steadily for a moment, her presence overwhelmed him, "good afternoon ma'am." He replied.

"Have a seat, have a seat." Inday offered the seat in front of Digong. They had to sit on the seats opposite each other. They avoided each other's eyes throughout the discussion.

"Mauna na ako kung magmeeting kayo." Digong informed, Leni involuntary held his arm and stopped him, "no, sir."

She regretted touching him. She awkwardly loosened her grip on his arm and gulped, "magsa-sign lang naman kami ng agreement and contract para magpadala ng assistance sa city government ng Davao yung," she hesitated for a moment, "Ayala Corporation." She stuttered.

She hated to utter David's last name in front of Digong. She felt so bad about it. He sat back to his seat and joined their conversation.

"Congratulations pala sa engagement niyo ma'am." Sara congratulated, "ah, salamat." Leni smiled faintly, she didn't want to look so happy about it in front of the man she truly wants.

Digong remained silent and bowed his head. "Bakit pala hindi siya nagpunta dito?" She asked. Digong couldn't feel more uneasy hearing them talk about the man Leni chose over him.

"Ah, busy siya sa engagements niya sa Manila. Lilipad rin siya sa Australia next week kaya lahat ng local launching ng Ayala ako yung aattend in his behalf," she shared, "tsaka debut project ko yung relief operations na 'to sa Cebu at Davao kaya gusto ko ako talaga yung magintroduce nito." She passionately explained.

Digong felt her passion in debuting the project. For a minute, he forgot about the awkwardness and entertained himself by seeing how happy she was with what she was doing.

Jef knocked on the door again and called Sara out for an important matter, "excuse me for a while. Tay, entertain mo muna si ma'am Leni." She facetiously requested and left the two behind at her office.

The sound of the air conditioning unit was the only sound they can hear as silence dwelled across the room. They both panicked internally thinking of a topic to bring up to end the awkward silence.

"So,"
"Uhm." They both uttered at the same time.

They chuckled at the coincidence. "Sorry," they uttered again together.

"Gusto mo ba ng tinapay para may manguya ka?" He asked. "Ah hindi na sir. Okay lang." She refused.

Silence entered again.

"Juice? Iced tea?" He offered. "Okay lang sir. Wag na." She refused again. He nodded and thought of another topic to talk about.

Silence ruled in again. Leni noticed his round shaped stomach through his fitted polo shirt from the corner of her eyes. She suddenly lost control and began snickering. He looked at her out of curiosity.

"Bakit?" He smiled asking why she was laughing. She shook her head, "wala sir, ang laki parin kase ng tiyan mo." She chuckled.

His cheeks turned red and stroked his bulging stomach. "Medyo lang ma'am. Masikip kasi itong damit ko." He laughed, "bulging man tuloy 'tong tummy ko." He described making her laugh harder.

He suddenly found himself captivated by her sweet laughters again. He remained silent and waited for her laughter to fade out. "Sorry," she apologized.

"Binubully mo nanaman ang tummy ko." He remarked playfully. "Mag-diet ka na kase sir." She suggested, still suppressing her cackles.

He scoffed, "no need. Baka maraming maghabol na mga chicks if I become muscular. Mahirap na." He jested.

"Mm? Kahit naman bilog yan tiyan mo hinahabol ka pa rin ng mga chicks." She smirked upon recalling how a lot of girls were running after him before.

"Noon man yon nung medyo bata bata pa and they are playful girls. Yung mga gusto yung matipuno mga playful girls." Defended Digong. She raised her eyebrows.

"I like it this way," he shared, "nagustuhan man ako ng matitinong babae kapag ganito ako." He explained and secretly referred to her.

Little things still made their hearts skip beats. Little gestures still gave them butterflies and little words still made them blush.

A small smile grew on her lips, yeah, I loved you that way. She told herself.

Sara went back in to give her final chat with Leni. She accomplished her agenda and signed the contracts.

Leni bid her goodbyes and left the office afterwards.

A/N: And they meet again... ano kayang mangyayari? Matutuloy ang wedding or not?