Chapter 17: Ice Skating

A/N: Merry Christmas Everybody :D

Amy's POV

We all arrived at the ice skating rink. I didn't realize it would be so cold. I put on four of my coats and three pairs of gloves. I was not trying to be turning into an iceberg in here. Tails turned around and looked at me funny.

"Amy aren't those enough layers on you?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"You can never be too prepared Tails." I said. Knuckles looked at me and bursted out laughing. I pouted my face and turned around.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Cream. "Don't worry Amy they're just joking." She said while eyeing Tails. Tails stopped and looked down at his feet. I wonder what's up with them.

I went to get my ice skates and tried to put them on. I was struggling honestly. I couldn't bend down and put them on so I had Rouge do it for me.

"Amy I don't know why you put on so many coats. You should've known that you would have trouble getting these skates on." Rouge said. I thought I could do it honestly.

I got up and nearly fell back down but I crashed into someone. It was Shadow and we both fell on the ground. He got up and had his hand out towards me. I grabbed his hand and got up. I fell into his arms once again. I looked up at him as I felt my cheeks getting warm. I see his face turning a light pink. I smirked as I started teasing him.

"Awe Shadow are you blushing?" I said in a low voice for no one else can hear me.

"I wasn't the only one blushing." He said with a smirk. Darn it I thought it wouldn't be noticeable.

I turned my head to the rink and watched the group skate. Rouge and Knuckles were holding hands but they kept falling because of Knuckles. Everytime when they fell they would be laughing.

Blaze and Silver were good skaters. When they tried to turn a corner Silver would hit the wall with a loud thump sound and fall on the floor. Blaze would trip over him and fall down. I hope they're fine.

Cream and Tails were holding onto each other for dear life out there. Tails was trying to skate but he started moving backwards instead. Cream tried to catch him but she was slipping and sliding around.

I turn to see Sonic shivering and his teeth were chittering. He turned to look at me and I rolled my eyes. Sally was just staring into space and was far away from Sonic. I wonder what's their deal.

It was just Shadow and I left to start skating. Shadow looked at me in the eyes then got on the skating rink. I was observing him and god he was an amazing skater. He even skated backwards with his hands behind his back.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"So are you just gonna stand there and watch him or will you join him?" Said Blaze. I want to but I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself.

"I want to but what if I embarrass myself in front of him?" I said looking down. Rouge came over.

"Darling Shadow isn't like that. Of all things he would help you learn." Rouge said reassuringly. I sighed in defeat as I watched Shadow a bit longer.

Shadow's POV

I was looking around the rink trying to see if Rose was on here. I looked in the sidelines to see her talking to Rouge and Blaze. While I was looking at them I knocked into Knuckles who was lying down on the ice.

"Knuckles what are you doing lying around on the ice?" I asked him.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to ice skate." Knuckles said while trying to get up. Instead he fell back down. I got up and skated over to Rose. I heard some giggles from Rouge and Blaze but I ignored it. I extended my hand and Rose grabbed it as I pulled her slowly on the rink.