Chapter 19: The Truth

Amy's POV

When Shadow and Rouge teleported, I was snatched up by a couple of robots.

"Let me go you crazy robots!" I yelled.

"No. Dr. Eggman wanted this to happen if he died." The robot said. I looked at him confused as he played a voice recording of Eggman.

"Shadow will be miserable if he knows Amy died. She's just a pathetic hedgehog who's stuck up under Sonic and Shadow. She's only using them for her personal reasons." Eggman said. He then made a horrid, evil laugh. I started thinking, Is that what everyone thinks of me as? Just someone who uses people? I then snapped back to reality and struggled trying to get free from the robots grip. Nothing that I do seemed to be working so I gave up. It was nice knowing you Shadow. I then saw a bright light in front of me and it was Shadow. It was twenty seconds left on the clock before it would self destruct. He stood there, seeming as if he was thinking of how to reach me. Then with a blink of an eye I was free from the robots and in Shadow's arms. To my surprise he gave me a quick kiss on the lips then we teleported back to Mobius and watched an explosion in the sky. I knew how much space ARK meant to him. I saw Shadow look down and shake his head and I gave him a comforting hug. He didn't give one in return but I understood why.

"I know you need some time to take it in but I'm here for you Shadow." I said. He just continued to stare up at the sky, not moving a bit, just his slow breathing. I eventually let go of him and turned to Rouge.

"We'll both be there Shadow." Rouge said while looking down. Shadow's ears started twitching and his body started shaking slightly.

"Don't come looking for me." Shadow said while disappearing. Before he left he looked into my eyes, but instead of seeing sadness I saw anger. What could he be angry about other than the explosion? Is he mad at a dead man? Does he regret kissing me? Omg the kiss! Shadow the hedgehog actually kissed me. The kiss was so quick I barely had the chance to feel the sensation of his lips. I started zoning out until I realized Rouge was talking to me.

"I've never seen Shadow like that, this really took a turn for him." Rouge said.

"Yeah it has. Do you think he'll come back?" I asked. Rouge shrugged.

"I'm sure he will but he needs time to cool off." Rouge said. Her eyes darted away from me, to the ground. I could tell something was bothering her.

"What's bothering you?" I asked softly. Rouge looked up at me and shook her head.

"Nothing darling, just tired." Rouge said with a yawn. I knew she was lying but I decided to let it go for this one time.

"Oh alright. Go get some sleep." I said with a small smile. I started walking off until she grabbed my arm.

"Let me walk you home." She said. I just nodded my head and we started walking. After that near to death situation I feel startled and a bit scared.

First I saw Shadow shoot Eggman. He shot him twice and it gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know if I should feel worried or not but I didn't think he'd do that. He wouldn't hurt me right? No no he wouldn't do that! After all, he did kiss me so he must have some sort of feelings for me. Wow.. that's something I'd never admit to. If I am being honest, I knew it was something between us. I'm not that dumb but its just hard to believe stuff you know? I kind of have something for him too but I'll wait to say it. Today just really proved it. I started thinking if I should tell Rouge what happened on space ARK but it'd be smarter to keep it between Shadow and I. I'll make sure to discuss it later or whenever he feels better. Rouge and I walked in complete silence, not saying a word to each other but the air felt intense.

At last, we made it to Shadow's house. Rouge and I shared our goodbyes as I went inside the house. The house was oddly quiet, especially for Shadow. I walked into the living room to see blood on the walls and on the stained carpet. I examined the wall and it had hand prints on it. I noticed it had a letter on it. A large 'M' on the wall. What could 'M' mean? Does it represent someone? Where's Shadow? I started to run around the house, looking for Shadow to find him in his room, twitching with blood in his hands. I hear him groan loudly as his fur pricks up.

"Shadow..?" I said in a low voice. He stood there not moving an inch. He eventually turned around and looked at me in the eyes.

"Maria.." Shadow mumbled. He stepped closer to me, still staring in my eyes.

"Maria.. I'm sorry.. it should've been me to die instead." Shadow said while turning away. I kept quiet as I watched him sit down in the floor still mumbling.

"I wish you were here with me. They still want me dead." He continued. I decided to sit down beside him and rub his back.

"It's okay Shadow.. she would've wanted you to be happy and live on." I said in a soft voice. He shook his head, seeming unfazed by what I said.

"I'm sorry Amy. Sorry that you had to see me like this, weak and vulnerable." He said while turning to me. He caught me by surprise by saying that.

"Aww Shadow.. its alright to feel that way. We can't be tough all the time." I said. He just nodded his head and we sat in silence until sun down.

"Thank you Rose. You know, for being there." He said in a low and deep voice.

"Any time Shadow. I'm here whenever you need me." I said with a smile. He nodded.

"So um what was that um.." I started saying. Shadow looked at me thoughtful while raising an eyebrow.

"What was?" He asked.

"That kiss at space ARK. What was that for?" I asked. We sat in silence staring at each other until he responded to me.

"Truth is, I'm in love with you Rose." He said.