Chapter 7: The After Math

Shadow's POV

I chaos controlled in front of my house as I sighed. I walked inside and closed my door. I went and sat down on my couch. 'Ugh what is wrong with me?' I thought to myself. 'I need to snap out of it. I don't need anyone else in my life.. not after her..' I thought to myself. 'It's just something about Rose that makes me feel like I need to protect her.. from anything.' I snapped out of my thoughts and started pacing around the living room thinking to myself. 'If I want to protect Rose then I'll have to be around but not too close that she notices me.' My ears twitched when I hear a knock at the door. I opened the door to see Rouge with a serious face on. It's been a while since I've seen her this serious before.

"You alright Rouge?" I asked. "Oh I'm fine.. for now.. so can I come in?" She asked. I stepped aside as she walked in and sat on the couch. I closed the door and sat on the couch in front of her. She breathed in before she spoke. "So I guess you weren't expecting the cookout to be.. intense." She said. I shook my head. "Also, I saw you leave with Amy." She said. I went silent for a moment thinking of what to say. "I was being generous to Rose and doing something useful and not getting into fights with a pathetic chipmunk. She can'teven defend heself." I said bluntly as I shook my head. Rouge rolled her eyes at me. "Faker told Rose to stay away from me." I said with a growl. "I know he did.. I think he was just jealous honestly." Rouge said. "Me and Rose aren't even dating and he's jealous? How pathetic." I said. I started thinking. 'He's just using her as an excuse but why do I care?' I shook my head. "I agree with you Shadow but.. regardless of what anyone does.. he will still be around." Rouge said. We talked for about an hour until Rouge decided to head in for the night. I closed my door and headed for bed with my thoughts still running through my head. 'What is Rose doing to me?' That was my last thought until I was fast asleep.

Amy's POV

"I will forever protect you from anyone or anything.. I promise.." A voice said. I woke up from my dream and that voice sounded familiar but I ignored it. I took a quick shower and got dressed according to my mood. My mood was emotionless so I dressed in over sized clothes and decided to go to Mobius Park. I walked to the park and sat on a bench. I soaked in the fresh air and I hear a familiar voice. It was Cream walking into the park with Tails. I put my head down hoping I wouldn't be noticed but that plan didn't work. "Amy? Is that you?" Tails asked confused. I said nothing but just stared at the ground. "Miss Amy?" Cream said as her and Tails sat on both sides of me. "Amy can you tell us what is wrong?" Tails asked. I sighed finally looking up at them both with tears ready to fall from my eyes. They both gave me a hug as I started to cry. "Please Miss Amy, don't cry." Cream said. "We are here for you Amy." Tails added. "T-thank you.." I said. "So will you tell us why you're crying?" Cream asked. "Last night at the cookout.. it was all of my fault that everything happened. If I wasn't talking to Shadow, Sonic wouldn't have came over and said I shouldn't be talking to Shadow. It was my fault Rouge and Sally got into a fight, because I was talking to Sonic." I said as more tears fell from my eyes. "Oh Amy.. it's not your fault." Tails said. "If I wasn't there, none of that would of happened." I said while wiping away tears. "Please don't say that Miss Amy." Cream said kind of sad. I noticed the tone of Cream's voice and my tone changed. "Oh I'm sorry I had to vent to you both about my problems." I said as I finished wiping away tears. "It's fine Amy. See you soon." Tails said. Tails and Cream said their goodbyes as I was alone once more.

I sighed as I looked around the park at everyone feeling so happy. I closed my eyes as I felt a light breeze and a familiar deep voice beside me as I smiled. "Hello again Rose." Shadow said. "Hey Shadow." I said opening my eyes to look at him. I stared into his crimson red eyes as he stared into my emerald ones. "Your eyes are beautiful, has anyone ever told you that?" I asked him as he stared at me for a moment before looking away with a far away expression. "Yes.. someone did but it was a long time ago." He said not looking at me. Soon enough all the memories on last night came flooding back in my head as I started crying again. I leaned on Shadow as I cried on him. He put a relaxing arm around me as I cried onto him even more. A few minutes passed as I moved away from Shadow. I wiped the remaining tears away from my eyes as I looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry Shadow.. it all just came to me.. everything that happened last night was my fault." I said. For a moment he didn't say anything. "Never apologize for anyone else's actions unless they were yours." He said. I let the words sink into me. He looked at me then smirked. God I hate that smirk of his. "See you around Rose." He said as he got up and chaos controlled away. I don't know what it's about him.. but I want to find out more about him.

I finally decided to go home to see a certain blue hedgehog waiting at the door. I sighed as he turned around to face me. "If you're going to tell me to stay away from Shadow then you might as well leave." I said emotionless. "But Ames-" "No Sonic not today." I said as I walked into my house and closed the door in his face.

I don't know what got to me but.. it all just feels.. different. Hopefully when I get back in action I will feel better. My phone rung and I answered it. It was Rouge. "Hello..?" I said. "Hey Amy.. you feeling alright?" Rouge asked. "I'm fine." I said. "Well time for us to get going!" She said with excitement. "What..?" I said. "GUN assigned us our first mission today and it's to stop some thieves from stealing some very important data. But first I need help cleaning up something." She explained. My mood lifted up slightly from the mention of a mission. "I'll be over your house soon Rouge." I said as I hung up. I changed my outfit to a dark and stealthy one and I headed to Rouges house.