I found her being comforted by Astrid and Stormfly.

"... saw him hugging her, Astrid. I *sniff* thought he loved me. But he *sniff* loves her."

"Delta. I'm so sorry," Astrid whispered to her as she continued to stroke Delta's long bright red hair.

I wasn't sure if I should go down there and explain what had really happened. I didn't love Heather. No. Seeing that I'd caused Delta this much pain made me want to destroy something. I was about to go down when Rowan showed up.

"Delta, what's wrong?"

Delta had begun sobbing even harder so Astrid explained for her, "She saw Darkstar hugging Heather."

"Why would he do that?" Rowan asked.

"Because he loves her!"Delta shouted, making me flinch. I decided I was going to explain when Rowan whistled and a Fireworm shot out from a cranny beside my ear.

"So, what was really going on?" Rowan asked it. A few seconds later Rowan's eyes widened, "You're sure?"

Astrid who'd been comforting Delta gave Rowan a questioning look.

"Delta, Astrid and I are going to go talk to Heather. We'll be back in five minutes okay?" Rowan asked.

Delta nodded and they left. I watched Delta for a second before I felt a wack. I turned and saw Rowan and Astrid.

"Well... Are you going to ask her overprotective brother or not?" Rowan whispered.

Astrid gave him a funny look. My eyes only widened.

"You put a spy on me?" Rowan rolled his eyes.

"You just figured that out? Gods, am I really about to let this happen?" He whispered.

"About to let what happen?" Astrid whispered.

"Okay... C-can I ask your sister to be my m-mate?" Okay, I'm putting our relationship in his hands.

Rowan went deep in thought.

"Wait... You're not seriously considering this? Are you?" Astrid demanded.

"Astrid, I've had Scorcher on him since they told each other that they like each other. Wherever he went Scorcher went with him. She's listened to all of his conversations, including... the one he had with Heather."

"Wait.. so you know exactly what happened?"

"Yes, he was asking Heather what traditions Vikings follow when asking to be their mate. That's why they were so happy and he hugged Heather. Cause she was helping him."

"Ohhhh... That makes a lot more sense."

"So... Astrid I need your help with this decision..."

I looked at both of them in fear. Technically Astrid should help him anyway because she would be Delta's sister-in-law if Hiccup hadn't died.

After watching them whisper talk for what seemed like forever they nodded. My ears were back in fear of not being able to be Delta's mate.

Rowan started, "Okay, so we've decided. You can ask Delta to be your mate." My ears shot up in surprise. 

Astrid continued, "... but." My ears drooped again, of course, there's a but. There's always a but. "Should you hurt Delta in any way, mentally, physically, or emotionally, again we shall have no choice but to make you suffer worse than how you hurt Delta. Understood?"

I nodded quickly. "Then what in all the names of the Norse gods are you waiting for? Go!" Rowan whisper shouted at me then pushed me towards the edge.

I tried to stop myself from falling but failed. I spread my wings and glided down to where Delta sat staring at the water, "Oh good! You're back!" She said, but when she turned she immediately shifted and growled, "You!"

"Wait! Let me explain!"

"Why should I?"

"You shouldn't."  She looked startled before sitting down.

"You have one sentence."

I sighed and continued, "I was asking Heather what traditions Vikings follow when it comes to mating so I could properly ask you to be my mate."

Her jaw dropped, "Continue." Was all she said.

I explained everything, "... you can even ask Scorcher if you want, she's Rowan's spy. I guess he didn't trust me."

She turned to the little dragon and laid her head beside it. I couldn't hear what she said, but it made Delta cry.

"It's true?" Delta asked finally.

Scorcher nodded.

"Thank you. Do you mind going to scorch my brother though? I'd like him to leave."

Scorcher nodded again.

A few seconds later I heard a yelp, "Alright, alright I'm going! Geeze!" Rowan shouted. Delta smiled.

We stood there for a few seconds, "So how long are you going to wait? A year maybe?" Delta asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't believe Rowan is actually letting this happen." She muttered.

We stood there for a while longer, before she muttered, "By all the gods." Then she raised her voice, "Just ask already!"

Ohhhh... I am an idiot! "Okay, okay. Delta you are the most beautiful dragon I've ever met. The most beautiful human I've ever met, too. I know I don't deserve you. I'm a Muttonhead and you are smart. You are strong and fast. But, I love you. I love that you are so patient when it comes to me thinking of stuff. I love how you can get everyone's attention without trying to. Will, you become my mate and be mine for eternity?"

She smiled, "Of course." I pushed the box towards her.

She shifted so that she could open it and smiled even brighter, "It's beautiful," she said as she put it on her finger.

She shifted back to a Night Fury and cuddled into me, purring. I wrapped my wings around her.