4. Aʀʀᴏɢᴀɴᴄᴇ Mᴇᴇᴛs Cᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇ

"Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."
~ John Bender.

_________________________________

"WHO CLOSED THE DOOR?" Principal Harrington's voice boomed through the library as he entered. "I said, who closed the door," he repeated, angry.

"How are we suppose to know, we're not supposed to move right?" Flash was the first to speak, head down and eyes avoiding contact. "Who," Mr. Harrington was persistent.

Peter was hesitant, but defended anyways. "We were just sitting here, like we're suppose to," he explained. "Then why is the door closed?!" "Mr. Harrington, we were all in our seats." Liz continued for them. Then Betty joined, "No one got up, no one knows what you're talking about."

"God dammit, I'll ask once again: Who. Closed. That. Door." "I think a screw fell out," Michelle stated. "It just closed, sir," Peter said. Michelle eyes the back of his head, wondering why he's helping. "Don't fuck with me. Who," Mr. Harrington yelled again staring at Ned's direction. Ned just quietly yelped in fear and cowered his head back down on the table with the hood of his jacket covering him. "He doesn't talk, sir," Michelle said.

"Give it to me," Harrington told Michelle while holding his hand out. "I don't have it," she negated her involvement. "You want me to yank you out of that seat and shake it out of ya?!" Mr. Harrington threatened her. "I don't have it. Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place," she retorted, still denying. "Give it to me, Jones."

"Excuse me sir, but why would anyone try to steal a screw," Peter interrupted. Michelle glances at him, but he just glared back. Mr. Harrington sighed, annoyed. He stomped back over to the closed door.

He tried to perch it open with a stool, but slammed shut right in front of him. So he called Flash over to help him open up the door with a table nearby. Everyone watched in amusement. "The door's way too heavy. It's never gonna hold," Michelle warned with a little laugh. Harrington just glared at her before finally setting the table down with Flash's help. Just as he was about to applaud at his own handy work, the door slammed shut once more, leaving Harrington out and the table being pushed back inside. From the outside, Harrington was cursing in frustration making more snickering to erupt among the teens.

Once Harrington entered back in, he stood in front of the students in his previous place. "I expected better from the rest of you," he scolded. "And you," his pointed glare went back to Michelle. "You're not fooling anyone, Jones. The next screw that falls out will be you." Michelle rolled her eyes and slumped back into her seat, sighing. "Okay, boomer," she mumbled. Flash and Peter chuckled quietly, being the only ones that heard her. Harrington walked over to her in anger. "What was that?" Michelle was just as irritated. "I said: Eat. Shit. You deaf cow."

"That's it, you just bought yourself another Saturday detention," the principal told her. "Ooh, I'm crushed," her voice dripped of sarcasm. "You just bought one more!" "Well I'm free the Saturday after that. Beyond that, I'm going to have to check my calendar." She exploded. "Good, cause it's going to be filled. We'll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word say it. Instead of going to juvie you'll come here. Are you through?" Michelle crossed her arms, "No." "I'm doing society a favor." "So," she questioned back. "That's another one right now! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step. You want another one?" Harrington continued. Michelle knew there was no end so she just answered "yes" to him. "You got it! You got another one right there! That's another one, girl!"

"Cut it out," Peter called to Michelle. She looked at his direction. "Stop," he mouthed, pleadingly. "You through?" Harrington asked bringing her attention back, away from Peter. "Not even close, old man." She said inciting him. "Good! One more right there," Harrington pointed out. "You think I really give a shit?" "Another! Are you done?" "How many is that," she asked. "Seven now, including the one from when we first got here," Betty stated, giving her a pitiful glance. "Well now it's eight," Harrington said. "Excuse me sir, it's seven," Liz corrected. "I said eight! You stay out of this Allen, or you'll be joining her."

"For two months, Jones. I got you," he said pointedly. Michelle rolled her eyes once more. "Well, what can I say? I'm SO thrilled,"she said with her teeth grit. "I'm sure that's exactly what you want these kids to hear," he said condescending. "Ya know, Jones. You ought to spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people," he warned her.

He scanned the others around them. "Alright, that's it! The next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin' skulls." As he made his way back out, he turned to look at Michelle holding out two fingers as a sign. Then walked out, door closing.

Just as soon as he did, Michelle practically exploded in anger. "FUCK YOU," she screamed at his absence. Leaving the others and her tensed from it all.

_________________________________

A/N: It's been a while, but I've finally updated. It'll be a bit before this story is finally over, and I'll finally be finished with rewatching The Breakfast Club until I get every scene right. But I hope you enjoyed. And for those who've read my other book, Semblance, it's not letting me update the eighteenth chapter. So I'll go ahead and post the 19th soon, while I finish redoing number 18. Don't worry you won't miss much. Anyways, I'll be back again to update, hopefully once more before the new year. Bye 👋🏽