Twenty-Two: The Ex

Start from the beginning

Well, that's not going to happen. I can't letthat happen.

"I know, okay—" his brow furrows and he sighs, "Look, I get that I fucked up... Just—can we talk about this?"

I hug my little girl tight to my side, "Things are different now."

He has a harder time containing the contempt in his gaze when he looks at my angel, now.

"Who is sheanyway?" the pink haired boy practically hisses with contempt.

"Baekhyun, watch your mouth!" I order, my voice hitting a deep octave and Baekhyun jumps in surprise at my dominance.

I'd never spoken to him so threateningly before. Of course, he was a very naughty little and I yelled at him plenty when he was making trouble while we were together. Like my hyungs have said many times before, I've a pretty serious dominate streak in the past, but it was honestly a lot of show. I never used to whole-hearted yell at my Baekhyun, I was much too soft for that. Maybe that's why he was so poorly behaved.

But not now. I have no reason to hold back when it comes to my little girl.

"You don't speak about her like that, understand?" I demand again, glaring at the boy.

Beakhyun swallows thickly, but nods nonetheless.

"Good," I say, "Now leave."

His eyes widen in disbelief, "B-But—"

"I said go," I tug my little girl forward and we skirt past the pink haired boy to walk toward the front door, "You can't just leave and decide to come back whenever you want."

"But I have nowhere to go!" he cries, "You're just going to turn me away?"

That stung my heart a bit. Although I knew Beakhyun has showed up here with alternative motives, if he is telling the truth, he definitely doesn't have anywhere to go. But does that mean I should let him stay?

I turn around just in time to see a tear roll down his flawless pink cheek. I sigh and look down at my little girl. She looks up at me reluctantly. I know I should listen to her, but...

I'm too damn soft.

"Maybe..." I pause, "Maybe you can have the guest room until you find another place to stay."

Beakhyun smiles widely, but my little girl shifts away from me. I'm assuming I'll be in the dog house for a while. Not like I don't deserve it.

"Thank you so much, TaeTae! Thank you, thank you, thank you—" he tries to rush forward and hug me, but I step back.

"Everyone else in the house will have to agree too, though," I add, "I can't make the decisions for everyone that lives here."

His smile dims, "Y-Your hyungs?"

"Yep."

I understand the fear in his eyes. The only person who ever liked him in this house was Jimin... and, well, me at the time.

"D-Do you think they'd let me stay?" he asks nervously.

"I guess you'll have to see," I offer, turning my little girl back toward the door. There's a definite tautness to her stature now.

"Sweetheart, it's going to be okay," I lean in and whisper softly in her ear. She looks up at me with angry eyes, her lips pursed into a tight line.

Yep. I'm gonna get it later.

With a sigh, I open the door. My hyungs are there, spread out across the main floor.

"Guys! We're home!"