Our lips collide for a split second and everyone gave us space to talk.

He cradles me into his arms, holding me tightly to his chest for a few minutes before grabbing both sides of my face, wiping the violent teardrops on my now pale cheeks.

"Hey hey, don't you dare cry on me, you hear me? You're just to make this departure harder for the both of us," he says sternly, but his tone made me giggle.

"There's that beautiful smile."

I sniff silently and wipe my now runny nose. "You know how emotional I get, especially when I don't have you around me," I comment.

He frowns. "I definitely don't know what I'd do without you. You've given my life a new meaning. When I'm with you, I fee like I could be myself, no pretense."

"At least we'll be staring at the same sky," I whisper, closing my eyes to stop myself from crying.

"I'll exist in two places; back home..... and wherever you are."

"So, is this a goodbye?" I tried my hardest to stay strong on the outside, but on the inside I was ready to break down. To think that we started off as two people who never gotten along with each other from the get-go, with so many obstacles being thrown at us both individually and together, and till worked on ourselves to better our relationship together. We've come so far as two broken pieces in desperate need of mending, vulnerably opened up to each other, got lost within ourselves.

"I don't want to say goodbye to you Amara.", he whispers, caressing the skin with the pad of this thumb. My name felt so right on his lips.

"Even so," he adds and reaches into his suitcase side pocket and pulls out a tightly sealed envelope with a big heart sticker in the middle, "think of it as more of a 'see you later' than a goodbye."

I eye him suspiciously as he hands me the envelope which felt semi-heavy. As I go to reveal its contents, he stops me and instructs me to open it when I get home.

"I-I-I-I-I didn't even get you any farewell present, I feel so dumb right now," I stutter, bringing my eyes down to stare at my shoes.

"The memories that we've created together is all that I need."

He pulls me closer, I felt the heat of his body wrap around me like a warm blanket. His cologne entered my nostrils and filled my soul with its amazing scent, for the last time in what seemed like forever.

"This is too hard Amara. Too hard for me to go through. I need you Amara. I need you," he repeats, resting our foreheads against each other. For a moment I let mine just sit there, not wanting to pull away from the contact of his skin. I was going to miss this. His touch, his words, his actions, his lips on mine, even his multiple personalities I'll miss. I'll miss the thrill each gave me.

I was so selfish. Of course he needed me. He needed me the very first day I stepped foot into Stanford. He needed me to help him blossom. And I needed him too. But I felt selfish for letting him go. Sometimes it's better this way.

It was Shakespearean. We were star crossed. Doomed to our faith the second we laid eyes on each other.

And still, I reach for him, my body couldn't resist any longer. I grab the back of his neck and pulled his face downwards to press our lips against each other, one last time. A sob escapes my lips as we kissed and that made him deepen the kiss. We didn't care that there may have been a 100 or more people looking at us. In a world full of people, we would always choose each other.

It was always going to be him and I.

He picks me up and spins me around, my legs wrapped around his torso and pulling him into me. I wanted to feel him for the last time.

When Lucien whispered I love you against my lips, I knew that there was still hope in our relationship. We both pull away and he rests me down, but never let me run away from his embrace. We didn't smile. There were no flutters in my chest, only a fierce ache.

"Come back to me," I whisper, afraid of losing him forever.

He leaves a lingering kiss to my forehead and pulls me in for a hug.

***
If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo

***If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo