15 - life after death

Start from the beginning

"Let's go, I think I can help you with that."

___

I took him to a hospital, there were a lot of auras. People were dying, waiting for their family to die or just roaming around trying to figure out what the hell is happening. I was hoping we could bump into some green ones that could be up for a convo with my dead husband.

I didn't realize I might be a magnet for some auras and as soon as we stepped into the lobby I saw a green aura whose face lit up when they saw me. They rushed to my side and waved in front of my face.

"Hello, can you hear me?" They asked and I just nodded. "Ah, thank god, I need to ask you something." They put their hands together and I just rolled my eyes and searched for the nearest toilet.

I motioned for both the strange aura and Gerard to follow me inside. I checked no one else was there and waited for the aura to speak.

"Oh, wow, I have like, so many questions." The aura started. "Okay, okay, so, I know I'm dead, I've met a few other dead people but I don't get the colors and wow, why is he yellow, that's so cool." The person rambled.

"Why are you here?" I asked him while Gerard just stared in shock, his eyebrows were furrowed just like when he was alive and his ear hurt but I didn't ask him about that, we had a mission.

"Uh, why am I here, why am I here - Right! My brother! He's here, he's in a coma after a car crash that I died in." They told me rather enthusiastically.

"Bad news, he's probably going to die. You see, green means that you're waiting for someone close to you to join you." I told him sincerely.

"Oh. Oh no." His face fell. "I guess I saw it coming, but it sucks." The person sighed and sat down on the toilet. "Anyway, thanks." They said and sadly walked away.

"Wow, that was...something." Gerard said. "You used to do this a lot, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled a bit. "Come on, let's find some people to talk to." I winked at him and he nodded.

___

Four auras and three coffees later and we were finally going home. Gerard was smiling at me and I at him. He was so happy that he could talk to other people as well and I was just really happy that he is happy. It was going to get easier, I was optimistic.

"You know, when I spoke to the people, my ears tingled a bit. Just like when I was alive and my ear hurt, but now it just tingled." Gerard mentioned when we got home. I frowned a bit and looked at him as he touched his ear.

"Do you remember any specific times when your ear hurt? Like what were we doing?" I asked him, already having an idea.

"Hmm, I don't know..." He started thinking. "A lot when you were on the phone with your colleagues, I didn't really think much of it..." We both looked at each other. "Wait-"

"I was talking to auras. You said you had an accident as a kid?" I asked him full of adrenaline.

"Yeah, I fell on the concrete while playing with Mikey and I was out for a good minute or two." He shrugged.

"Oh my goodness, you must have touched the portal area in some way. Damn, this is so cool! What are the odds?" I laughed.

"I know right? Geez. That's some next-level Fate shit." We both laughed.

"Fuck, I love you." I said and at that moment I wished nothing more than to be able to kiss him. Normally I'd cry about not being able to but I was surprisingly fine. 

I wasn't crying anymore and I felt like things could only get better. It was still hard, the fact that the man I love is dead but at the same time, it was fine because he was still here. My dad cared a lot and he visited almost every day in the first few weeks, but when he saw that I was getting better so fast, he only came around once a week. I am very grateful for my dad because he's really the only one who cares so much. Gerard's brother contacted me a few times and we even went for a coffee but that was mainly for Mikey's sake, he needs someone who can understand his feelings, he lost a brother and I was the closest to him.

One day, after my meeting with Gerard's brother we came up with this crazy idea while going past a tattoo parlor. We decided that I should get a tattoo. I have always liked tattoos and was thinking about getting some when I was younger but I just never got around to it. Well, now was the time. Gerard helped me choose my motive and I was very pleased with the result. It was a pumpkin Jack'o'Lantern that I wanted on my back in honor of my spooky birthday. Things were good.

Every day was getting better and better and I was slowly going back to where I was before I even met Gerard. I wasn't scared, I knew I had a lot of time before he had to go but I was still aware of the fact that he will leave me one day. But that was far, far away.

_____

:)) guess how many chapters until the end :)))

thanks for reading my crap
sending love

-L