2 - company

happy halloween everyone

happy birthday frank

i hope you all enjoy this little chapter 

_____

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm. I hated going to work and especially after barely sleeping. It was 8 AM and I had slept for about four hours, which was okay with me from time to time but that was the third night in a row that I haven't slept for more than six hours a night and my body was barely functioning at that point.

I sat up in my bed a yawned so hard I could feel my jaw pop and crack. I forced myself to open my eyes and it really wasn't a surprise to see the figure sitting in a chair by my closet. I was hoping he would be gone by the time I had to go to work so I could focus on doing my job for once but I guessed we were in for another rough night.

He opened his mouth to speak again once he saw me get up from the bed but I held up my hand and walked to my bathroom with a frown on my face. I emptied my bladder and showered quickly. I rolled my eyes when I stepped back into my room so I could pick out my outfit for the day and if I could shut this guy's mouth I would do it with 400 feet of duct tape and about million tacks.

"Where did I stop when you so rudely fell asleep," he thought for a while before crying out loud, "Aha, my grandma's baking. Alright, well,....." he continued talking but over the years I got pretty good at blocking things out.

I got dressed in a rush and went to make myself some breakfast. He followed me, of course, and it was times like these that I hated my life the most. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone but I couldn't. You see, I am not like normal people, I have a 'gift' and a pretty shitty one at that.

I see dead people or what's left of their essence here on earth among the living. I call them auras because I can literally see the colorful glow of their skin. The colors vary based on why their essence is stuck here. Red is for revenge for example with victims of murder or so; green is for waiting for a person close to them, like when someone in the family is close to dying so the auras can leave together. White is usually suicide or accidental death, basically when the person wasn't supposed to die or didn't understand that they were dying. Then there's blue, that every aura will eventually be because it matches the color of the portal to 'the other side'. Blue auras never stay longer than 30 minutes and it's either people recently deceased or older auras that have reached the absolution - got revenge, got reunited with their family, understood why they died,...

And finally, there's yellow. I have never spoken to a yellow aura because they don't need me. I have only ever seen a few before but another aura had to explain what yellow means. It means that the person is held here because someone loves them too much and they can only turn blue once the living is at peace with them leaving. From what I was told by auras, yellow's can be here from as little as few months to several years, decades even before turning another color. Either green if the person loving is about to die too or blue if they can just go.

It scared me, the yellow auras. Yellow is such a happy color in my opinion but in the world of auras, they were probably the most depressing ones. I wanted to speak to one of them but they are basically tied to the person mourning for them that I could never get one alone even if I wanted to. I wanted to get more information right from the source because not even the other auras knew as much.

The auras that I was meeting were usually white, seeking help as to why they could walk through walls if they wanted to, why didn't they have normal humanly needs and why I was one of the few people they could talk to. I wasn't alone in this, it would be narcissistic of me to think that, but the people who were like me didn't always see them. Some could only hear them, some could only feel their presence and very few could communicate with them mentally, like literally talking to them in their head and they would understand each other.