15 - life after death

so a us tour huh
fucc mcr tbh
i love them but you know
anyway, enjoy

_____

"Look, I don't wanna put pressure on you, but the sooner you come, the easier it will be for you." My boss told me over the phone.

"Yeah, I know, I just...I don't feel like being around people yet." I said and watched Gerard as he danced around the living room.

"Frank, sorry, but it's been over a month, hell it's almost been two months, you gotta get out of the house, man. And I'm saying that as your friend, not your boss."

"I know, Eric, and I promise you I will be back soon but just, give me some more time, please." I pleaded with him.

"Sure, whatever, just take care, okay?"

After that, we hung up and I joined Gerard in dancing around. It was getting a bit easier. Still, waking up in the morning and seeing a yellow figure in the room wasn't the best thing ever, but I was telling myself I was lucky to still be able to talk to the man I love even after he has died, not many people have that.

"What did he want?" Gee asked me.

"Just asking if I'm coming back to work." I laughed and did a twirl.

"And are you?" He asked and mimicked my moves.

"Yeah, I was thinking on the 1st next month?" I shrugged. I wasn't.

"That's cool!"

"I'm not sure, I just really like what we have now." I stopped moving and sat down because I was exhausted.

"I know." Gerard said. I knew he wanted to say more, but he also knew that would just make me upset and we both hated when I was grumpy.

"I need to rest for a bit." I told him and skipped to the bedroom to plop myself on the bed.

We laid in silence for a bit, I was thinking about work and then nothing in particular and he just watched me. After some time I turned on my side and watched him as well. I missed him so much, but again, he was still here, we just couldn't do the normal things other married couples do.

"Tell me about the auras again." He asked me like a child asking his parents to tell them a story.

"What do you want to know?" I smiled.

"Tell me about the colors."

"Okay. Well, the main one is blue."

"Your color."

"Mm, not really, the main blue is a bit darker, more electric, you'll see it one day, don't worry." I smiled at him and his expression softened. "It's the color of the portal that every aura has to go through."

"How did you even talk to the people?" He asked again.

"How? Just like I'm talking to you right now." I laughed a bit.

"I mean, how did you hide it from me so well." He smiled widely.

"I already told you. I had my earpiece and pretended to be on the phone with co-workers. And before we were together I was just talking to them like we are now, freely when I was alone and when I was outside I was pretending to be on the phone or something." I shrugged.

"Wow. I wish I could meet some other auras." Gerard turned to lie on his back and stared at the ceiling. "Not to be mean or anything, but it does get a bit boring when I wanna talk to someone and they don't hear me." He said and I instantly felt bad. It must have been terrible for him to only be able to spend time with me and that was when I got an idea.