7 - new beginnings

It was quiet. That was more than odd, it is never this quiet. I walked further into the room. A kitchen that I didn't know but at the same time, it was more than familiar. I couldn't smell anything even though I knew there was old meat in the fridge and a pool of blood in the hallway. I hate the smell of meat.

I was scared to look in the sink. I had a feeling there would be something terrifying but I didn't know what yet. I didn't want to look but I didn't fight it. It was too quiet for me to focus on the fear that should have been shaking me to sanity but I was only focused on the sink. Upon stepping even closer I caught a glimpse of the flashing lights outside. 'they found me' I thought, but who and why? Did I do that?

Just as the door opened I finally saw what it was in the sink. I put a hand over my mouth because I realized what it was, I just didn't understand why. I heard their footsteps and cocking of guns, yelling and noises of disgust and nausea. I had a feeling I knew what they must have seen but I haven't seen it myself yet. I quickly stepped away from the sink and as they barged in I put my hands up. They all looked horrified and lowered the guns for a second to look at what I had yet to look at.

All of their eyes were on me. Some were frowning, some gagging and when I looked down I understood why. I was covered in blood. Did I kill them? But then I realized what was wrong and why I saw what I saw in that sink. It was my blood that was still oozing from my wrist where my hand was severed. That hand was what was at the bottom of that unknown yet familiar kitchen sink. Its fingers were tangled with another severed hand's fingers and before I could find out whose hand it was their guns were upright again and I was falling to the ground.

___

Dreams like this follow me the whole day afterward. Emily was gone and it was dangerously quiet around my apartment. She left a few days ago and as much as I loved to have the apartment to myself again I was on edge all the time waiting for another aura to show up.

I needed to get out of the house after that terrible dream. Sometimes I swore my brain was taking drugs on its own because no sane person could dream about shit like that but who am I to fool, seeing dead people isn't really a 'sane person' thing, is it?

I had a few days off and since the silence was slowly killing me I decided to visit Alex and thank him once again. I did so after he reported the guy but after they caught him a few days ago I was preoccupied with saying goodbye to Emily and finally getting some sleep. I owed him a thank you and a goodbye.

I got to the station and walked inside. I was nervous and I didn't even know why or more so I didn't want to admit to myself that I was hoping to meet Gerard. I asked someone if Alex was there and they just told me to wait a second. I started tapping my foot hoping to at least see Gerard pass by the door but he never did.

"Hello, Frank." Alex smiled at me, visibly tired.

"Hi. Sorry to bother you but I just wanted to let you know that Emily has left." I told him.

"Left? Where?" He asked interested.

"She went through the portal, Miles came for her for that matter." I told him and smiled.

"As in they found peace together?"

"Something like that, yes." I said and Alex's eyes watered.

"Thank you." He choked out and hugged me. I held him back and finally saw the face I've been wanting to see for a few days now.

"No, thank you, if it wasn't for you she wouldn't have been able to leave." I told him and was looking to end our conversation as soon as possible. I knew I only came to tell Alex about Emily but seeing Gerard, all dressed in the uniform, sweat on his forehead and a helmet in his hand, climbing off of the huge car was something else.

"Well, I still have a few dates with the Police but this is one chapter finished. See you some time again, mate." Alex as if sensing my disinterest in him ended our conversation and with a quick handshake and a goodbye, we parted ways.

"Frank, hi." I heard a voice behind me. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. Is it a crush?

"Gerard." I greeted him with a nod after I turned around.

"What brings you here?" He asked me. "Something on fire?" He laughed. 'Yeah, my skin right now.'

"No, just some business with your colleague, nothing serious." I said and kept looking into his eyes.

"Oh, okay. So you're Alex's friend or..." He trailed off, basically asking me what my deal was.

"Something like that. Our mutual friend brought us together so we could help her out." I lied. It was the closest to the truth that I could tell him.

"I see." He chuckled and shook his wet hair. I bit my lip as I watched him and at that moment I knew I had to get to know him better. Maybe it was my dream finally making sense or just a desperate need to have this man be mine. I wanted to start living a normal life and I wanted to do so with this man, the most normal person I have met in a while.

"Hey, this might be a bit too straight forward but would you like to go out sometime? Maybe just grab a beer or a coffee?" I asked him nervous as hell. I waited for his response and grew softer and softer the longer I stared at his smile.

"Sure, I won't say no to a decent cup of coffee." And with that, I was the happiest man in the world. He was smiling at me, about to say something but then his face fell and a glance over my shoulder told me why. Another man in a uniform was talking to a man in a shirt and they were looking at Gerard.

"What about tomorrow?" I asked him. I wanted to ask him what was going on but I had a feeling that it wasn't the right time or place to talk about that so I was planning on asking him when we get together to drink our coffee together.

"Yeah, um, yeah I think that's fine. I get off at 5." He told me and with another beautiful smile, we said goodbye.

_____

just a short chapter but we are finally starting something here you guys

sending love and good vibes
-L