|| • Chapter 11 • ||

"You don't have to distance yourself from me Amelia." Callum laughed as I stayed sitting in his desk chair. "I don't bite and you know it."

"No, I don't." I reply, feeling my breathing become heavier than usual.

"Well I don't." He stood up from the bed.

"How could you be so sure?" I slowly lifted myself up off the chair as he stalked towards me.

"Because I wouldn't dare bite you." He ran his tongue over his bottom lip and gave me a sultry gaze.

"C-could you not look at me like that?" Now my heart joined into the mix and started pumping rapidly.

"Come here." He took one quick stride towards and I jumped over to his dresser, knocking most of the things off of it.

"No, no." I wagged my finger. "I'm fine with this distance right here."

"But I want a hug." He did it again and this time I just slid over, knocking more things over.

"Amerilla stop moving away from me." He stalked towards me and I shifted fee to the wall.

"I told you I like distance."

"You didn't like it earlier. Are you afraid of me now Amelia?" He smirked.

"Me? Afraid of you? Ha!" I threw my head back and laughed.

It was cut short when his fingers grazed my sides and I jumped away.

"Stay right there." I held my hand out.

I was running out of places to go.

"Why?" He arched his brow.

"Because I said so." I slid over to his door.

"But I don't wanna." Before I could even try and open the door he pushes it closed and starts assaulting me with his fingers.

Bubbles of laughter unwillingly leaves my lips and I hunch over in attempts to get away.

"You scared of me now?" He asks while moving with me so it was impossible to escape his grasps.

"Callum sto-hop!" I cry out and try pushing him away.

"You scared of me now?" He asks again and he moves his hands down lower on my waist and I let out a screech.

"Callum!" I try reaching for his sides but he still pushed my hands away while still effectively tickling me.

"Scared of me now?" He asks again, his voice growing a tone deeper.

My heart leaps in my chest and. Was about to give in when his phone started to ring. His fingers came to a slow painful stop before they officially left my body.

He digs into the pockets of his sweats and I quickly slip over to his bed. He watches my movements before answering is phone.

"Ciao mamma." He greets and a smile stretches across my face.

I always enjoyed listening to him speak his native tongue.

"Io sono con Amelia mamma." He huffs and turn away from me.

I try to tune out his conversation but it gets harder when he starts to yell in Italian.

"Non sto sprecando tempo su qualche ragazza!" He turns around and I arch my brow. "no Ci vediamo Domenica mamma." He sighs and pinches the bridge of hi nose. "Ciao." He hung up the phone.

He stands there for a bit holding it pressed against his lips before shaking his head and placing it on his dresser. He then fixed his sweatpants and joined me on the bed. I laid back and he grabs my hands and laced our fingers together.

"What was that about?" I use my other hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Nothing." He lifts my hand up to his lips and kisses it softly.

"You sounded a little to angry for it to be nothing?" I frown.

He lets out a sigh. "My mother thinks that we spend to much time together and it's effecting my study habits." He rubs his thumb across the back of my hand.

"I'm not am I?" I sit up and look at him.

"No, no." I shake his head.

"Callum don't lie to me." I frown.

"You're not Amelia. My study habits are just fine I promise." He gives me an assuring smile, that still doesn't set me at ease so I leave it alone.

I lay back down against the bed and close my eyes. I allow the silence to fall over us but it wasn't there for long, five minutes at the most.

"So, about you and I-"

"Callum." I cut him off before he could discuss any further.

"We have to talk about this sooner or later." I feel the bed shift besides me.

"No we don't because there is no us. We're friends Callum." I open my eyes and look at him. "My boyfriend left me for some taller, leggier, blonde and it hurts like hell. He was-no is the love of my life and I can't have him. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with you but it's the truth." I pull my hand away from his and he adverts his eyes.

"You can't stay hung up on him forever." He mutters and I frown.

"You can't stay hung up on me forever." I reach down and start putting my shoes on my feet.

"Where are you going?" He quickly looks at me.

"My dorm, I do have other things to work on besides lounging around." I stand up and fix my pants by pulling them up on my hips more.

"Now? It's two in the morning." He stands up as well.

"I'll be fine." I assure.

"Amelia you're not leaving this room." He frowns.

"Watch me." I say in a low whisper as head straight for the door.