So Long

Getting her bags packed to go over to America, Emi made sure she had all her paperwork done. Surprisingly, she didn't need the Japanese passport she applied for and received since she was an American citizen. Being both an American and Japanese citizen, she made sure to apply for a U.S. passport as well. Thinking about it, she didn't know whether Shota knew that she had dual citizenship.

Her dad was Japanese, but an American citizen being born and raised there, and her mom was born and raised in Japan. The two had met in the Fukuoka Prefecture when her dad had applied for a job in the area. The two fell in love and got married eventually having her and two of her other siblings. Her parents' marriage didn't last too long after she had started high school in Japan. Staying with her mom, her siblings went to America with her dad. It was difficult saying goodbye to her siblings and her father since she wasn't going to see them much anymore except for maybe once every few years.

With her dad or siblings not knowing that she was coming to America, she thought she would let it remain that way since they were not technically supposed to know about her undercover work. It would be a high risk for her family and herself if anyone found out about what she was doing plus she was flying to the opposite end of where they were living in the United States.

Searching around the house for Shota, Emi found Eri on the couch watching her television learning program. "Eri, do you know where your father is?" She asked, continuing to search around the house for him. The couple had finally adopted Eri, giving her a family to care for her, it was incredible to think that they were going to watch Eri grow up into a beautiful, caring woman.

With her eyes fixed on the screen, Eri answered back to her mother. "No."

Taking a deep breath, Emi sighed. "Eri, I know you're watching your television program at the moment, but will you come with me to find daddy?"

Crawling off of the couch, Eri ran towards Emi, grabbing her hand as they walked out of the apartment building and wandered around the campus. It took over an hour to finally find Shota. He was with a purple headed boy out in the middle of the woods. Emi had heard about the kid, but for some odd reason, she had never formally met the student who Shota shared his capture weapon with.
"Why the heck are you guys in the woods?" Called out Emi from afar.

Cringing, Shota slightly turned his head and knew without even looking behind him that his fiancee had found him. Knowing that he should introduce Shinso and Emi, he specified for them. "Shinso, this is my fiancee, Ms. Fukukado.

Otherwise known as Ms. Joke. Emi, this is Shinso, the student I've been training."

Interjecting, Emi briefly bowed at Shinso and commented. "I figured."

Courteous, Shinso returned the bow. "The pleasure is all mine."

Standing still, Eri whispered to Emi, "Mom, can I go say hi to Shinso?"

"I don't know, can you?" Emi retorted back.

Immediately remembering her mother's talk about being polite and manners, Eri asks, "May I go say hi to Shinso?"

Smiling down at the girl, Emi cheerfully answers, "You may." Making her way over to Shota, Emi lays her hand on his shoulder. "I hate to say it, but I leave tomorrow for at least a month."

Glancing at the ground and back at Emi, Shota replies, "So you leaving us, aren't you?"

"I'm coming back, Shota." Emi retorted with pain in her voice. She was hurt that he accused her of such a thing.

"That isn't the point, Emi." Shouta specified.

Interrupting the couple, Shinso hesitated to say, "It looks like you two are busy with something. I should head back to the dorm."