Safe Haven

Stepping off of the subway car and onto the platform, Emi took a sigh of relief. "We're finally here."

Impatient, Aizawa strode to apartment building 1-A. "It's noon. We should have been back a long time ago."

Trying to catch up, Emi reasoned with him. "It's not our fault that we got delayed because we got attacked! What was her name again? Something Himiko?"

"Toga Himiko."

Walking up the stairs, Aizawa scanned an ID card to unlock the door to the apartment. Opening the door, he got greeted by many of his students.

"You're back! Everyone was wondering where you went!" Ochaco chirped.

"It was strange not having you here to keep us all in check," stated Minoru.

Being the first one to recognize who their teacher brought along with him, Bakugou bluntly spoke out, "What the hell have you two been up to?"

Forgetting that Emi was with him during the time that he opened the door and now, he was speechless. Leaving it up to Emi to say something, he decided he could quickly shut her down if she said anything ridiculous.

Emi responded casually, "Mr. Aizawa and I are just catching up. Don't worry about us; you all can get back to whatever it was that you were doing." Walking away, she waved back to the students as she made her way to Aizawa's apartment.

"Wait, Ms. Jo..." Izuku was interrupted before he could finish.

"Anyway, I'm leaving." Turning around, Aizawa made his way to his room. He waved letting them know that their conversation was now over.

Once Aizawa made it into his apartment, he heard some laughter coming from his living room.

"Ms. Joke, I enjoy talking to you. Would you be able to visit more often?" asked Eri.

Considering Eri's question, Emi tapped her nose thinking about the reality of her relationship with Shota, job, and her health. She'd love to promise Eri that she could visit frequently or regularly, but it didn't seem very likely.

Uncertain, Emi chuckled as she brought a hand to the back of her head. "Um, I'm sure we'll see more of each other."

Speaking up, Aizawa contradicted her. "I was planning on having you visit at least once a week."

"Oh." She was stunned. With everything that we involved herself in, she wanted to intervene and explain why that wasn't possible for her to come up every week or more.

Changing the subject, Aizawa walked over to the two address them."Eri, I have a meeting at school to attend. Ms. Fukukado will be here to spend time with you while I'm gone."

"Bye, Mr. Aizawa!" Waving as he walked out the door, she then looked over to Ms. Fukukado wondering what she had planned. "So what are we going to do?"

Startled, Emi frantically went through ideas of activities or places they could go. The only problem with leaving is she didn't know how much time they had together. Maybe there was something they could do that she'd never done before. Moving her head to face Eri, she asked some questions.

"What kind of activities do you usually do with Mr. Aizawa or your friends?"

"We visit the pet shelter and go to the park. Hmm, I color a lot. Do you want to come and see my pictures I made?"

"Sure, we can go and look at them."

Getting off the couch, Emi followed Eri to see her drawings. "Is there anything else you do Eri?"

Stopping to answer Emi's question, Eri tried to recall everything she did with everyone. "We went to the culture festival. Mr. Aizawa and Mirio take me out on walks."