The dark - Chapter 4

The weather was dark and gloomy, it looked as if a storm might be approaching. I woke up a little late today as I got ready and grabbed my bag, making my way down to school again in a rush "Geez I was so tired from yesterday's events that my alarm didn't wake me up!" In a panic I spoke to myself, knowing if I was too late the school gates would close and I'd have no other way inside.

"Just my luck!" I sighed out of breath when I finally reached those locked gates, trying to look around to see if there was some way inside. Behind me a tall figure poked my cheek yawning. "Oh someone's late huh?~" he said chuckling.
That voice was none other than Kris's. "I really don't wanna hear that from you right now" I flopped down to my knees on the ground in utter disbelief as he seemed to look around, picking me up and carrying me in a princess carry "The hell are you doing?!" I struggled trying to get back down as he placed a hand over my mouth "Calm down tiger" he replied softly, he seemed a little different from that angle.

Before I noticed it, he covered my face and walked through a hole in the bushes that led into school. Plopping me down on the ground once he had made it through and making sure there was no grass in my hair he slightly gave me a push to head into the building.
But he was the one with grass and twigs in his hair, with cuts on his cheek and hand from protecting my face from the sharpness of the plants. "What's with you trying to be so nice?" I stopped him in his tracks as he was walking to school, patting the grass out of his hair and taking out a few strawberry covered pattern bandaids and placing them on the cuts "Don't get me wrong.
This is my thanks. I still don't like you." Once I was done I headed into class, him following behind me in a slight state of shock as he smiled to himself.

He ran up ahead of me just outside the classroom and my first though was 'he's gonna walk in ahead of me like usual' but instead he opened the door and let me walk in first, waiting a little bit outside so it wouldn't seem like we were late together.

I went and sat down in my seat and as soon as he walked into that classroom, all eyes were on him. The females who were obsessed with him asked how he got those scratches and cuts. His friends looked at him a little surprised by the pattern on the bandaids "What's with that?" Luhan laughed looking away from his magazine as Kris sat down behind me, staring at me as I was too busy to notice "those patterns look like something a child would use" Luhan couldn't hold back from laughter as he poked them. Kris smacked his hand away "I think they're pretty cute" he spoke out sternly back at Luhan. Taeil nodding in agreement "Yeah! They are ones I'd be fine with using" and so on they carried on their conversation as I smiled in the seat in front.

When the bell rang for lunchtime I decided I wouldn't go to the cafeteria this time. I had prepared my own lunchbox last night and thought I might stay in the empty classroom to eat as the rest of that group went to the roof to eat. But as soon as I went to get my lunchbox out my bag a tall figure appeared from beside me. It was Jim "Oh hey Jin! Wanna join me?" I smiled up at him as he sat down on a seat beside me, getting his bread out which he had bought from the bakery beforehand "I never knew you ate separately from the others, also is bread enough for you? You can have some of my food too, I made too much anyway" he started munching on his cinnamon buns quietly.

For some reason it was easy to talk to him. I feel like he would listen to anything I have to say and understand how I feel really easily. He was like an adorable puppy that follows you around and without noticing I spoke out the words "puppy" giggling to myself. "I'm not a dog..." he spoke finally. "Oh yes I know that, sorry I couldn't help thinking you reminded me of a cute puppy" I said in reply trying to clear the air "You're the cute one" he mumbled to himself still munching on his bun. Confused I asked him what he said but he didn't reply.

"Geez Jin eat something more than bread too!" I fed him my Gimbap without a care and he jumped out his seat surprising me "What's wrong? Did something happen?" Shaking his head he quietly replied "it's yummy" "Aww thank you! Here have some more" happy from the compliment to my food he sat back down as I fed him again. While in that moment Kris walked back into the classroom looking at the cheery atmosphere we had. "Oh hey Kris. Did you forget something?" Looking over to him curious I saw his happy grin turn into a mad glint in his eyes. He took off his bandaids and threw em in the trash, kicking a table over as he walked back out. Jin got up and followed right behind him.

"The hell? What's his problem?" With a huff I finished all my food as the bell rang again and the storm outside started picking up really badly, pouring down with rain. When classes were finally over, Kris was no where to be found. He didn't come back after that. And the rest of the three headed home like nothing happened. "God dammit where is that fool, the teacher left me with handouts to give to him!" I got up. Got my stuff ready and as I was about to leave I saw Kris come back into the class, most likely to grab his bag. "There you are" I placed the handouts on his desk "the teacher asked me to give you these, don't just skip next time"

He was still quiet. Unbothered by it I started to make my way outside the classroom when all of a sudden the lights went off "What? Must be because of the storm" I felt something grab my hand tightly from beside me. "Kris? What is it?" His whole body was shaking and his hands grasp tightened some more.
"Don't tell me you're afraid of the dark?" With a slight jolt from him I realised I had hit the mark "You probably think I'm really uncool now. Go ahead and leave, I'll stay here till the powers back on" he let go of my hand as he huddled into his knees on the floor. "Not really" I sat down next to him petting his head "Everyone has something they're afraid of. Hell I have a fear of closed spaces. It's alright, I don't think you're uncool." I tried my best to comfort him as we waited till the storm was over and the lights switched on. By that time, Taeil had found us. He was out of breath from worrying about Kris. "Hana?"

He sounded surprised to see me as I looked over to Kris "it's alright now Kris, look Taeil is even here" he didn't move as I turned to look at him, soundly asleep "Geez how could you sleep through your fear. I swear. Sorry Taeil, how do we get this big guy home?" "I came here in a car, I'll give you both a lift back if you'd like." He replied as I shook my head "Thanks but I don't wanna bother you guys anymore." I helped Taeil get Kris into the car and watched them drive away. Tearing up a little while heading back home "I lied. My fear isn't confined spaces. It's lightning.." I tried to hold back from shaking as I collapsed onto a puddle on the street, still shaking as the tears mixed in with the rain.